All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog tied to breeze block and drowned in canal has been identified

3 posters

Go down

Dog tied to breeze block and drowned in canal has been identified Empty Dog tied to breeze block and drowned in canal has been identified

Post by Eleanor Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:38 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dog-snatched-murdered-yobs-who-3368368

sad Poor thing!

I hope they prosecute the people who did this.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Dog tied to breeze block and drowned in canal has been identified Empty Re: Dog tied to breeze block and drowned in canal has been identified

Post by Caryll Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Oh, those poor people they must be distraught!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Dog tied to breeze block and drowned in canal has been identified Empty Re: Dog tied to breeze block and drowned in canal has been identified

Post by Eleanor Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:16 pm

I know I would be! sad
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:42 pm

this report made me feel sick.

Please, everyone, don't ever ever ever leave your dog tied up alone outside a shop, there are some seriously disturbed people around.

crying 
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:43 pm

I always cringe when I see a dog outside a shop. sad
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:16 pm

In happier and less anxious times, babies would be left sleeping peacefully in their prams outside shops whilst Mum shopped. You never see it now (at least I hope not), and for good reason.

Nowadays our dogs need equal care, most unfortunately.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:33 pm

It'd be awful to see that now, but back then it was acceptable and most people wouldn't dream of taking a baby - or letting somebody do it. Now, it seems like the 'don't ask, don't see' approach has been adopted.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:54 pm

How many people would intervene when they see a dog untied from outside a local shop and taken away? No-one. If the dog is human-friendly, as most are, there would be no call for suspicion. If the dog reacts fearfully or aggressively, I'm betting that 99.999% of people would still not intervene.

It's just not worth the risk.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:59 pm

If the dog is friendly, as you said, it isn't suspicious. If, however, I saw somebody attempting to untie a fearful or aggressive dog, I would try to intervene in some way - even if that means just taking a picture of the person, as well as any vehicle they get into, and waiting to see if an owner comes out.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:02 pm

Well done Eleanor, that is more than most people would do.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:04 pm

Thankfully, never been faced with that situation. I do understand why a lot of people wouldn't want to get involved though.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down