All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Embarrasing dogs

+2
LyndaW
Wendy
6 posters

Go down

Embarrasing dogs Empty Embarrasing dogs

Post by Wendy Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:14 pm

We have to walk past a sandwich shop to get to the entrance to the woods and every time somebody comes out of there carrying something Buster is trying to pull towards them and sniffing the air. Just past the shop is a bus stop which is my second hurdle as he then does the same thing to people's shopping bags. Honestly, you would think he was never fed. Gus never bothers which is strange as he suffered with food anxiety when I first got him.
Wendy
Wendy

Names of Dogs : Buster and Gus

Back to top Go down

Embarrasing dogs Empty Re: Embarrasing dogs

Post by LyndaW Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:38 pm

I sympathise Wendy because my nosy-parker is just the same. No matter what anyone else is carrying, he wants to know it is. If I bring anything into the house, he wants to know what it is. If he comes across anything, anything on a walk, he wants to know what it is. If whilst on a walk in housing surroundings and someone comes out of their house, or are already there, he wants to know what they are doing.

He is a great loss to MI5 - if he could talk he'd be perfect for them!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:40 pm

My first dog (Zena, border collie) was perfect & rarely embarrassed me, except for one time (and it was probably my fault more than hers). I was at the training club doing some off lead heel work, with the trainer calling out the turns etc. Now, I really fancied the trainer (I was about 16 at the time), so imagine my horror when he called out "Left turn" and I turned left but Zena didn't! I went straight over the top of her, flat on my face in front of everybody - I never did get to go out with the trainer. sad 
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Ah Caryll, how I know that these things are sent to try us when we are young! I could tell a similar "falling flat on my face in front of someone I had the hots for" story, but as it doesn't involve a dog, I won't.

Be comforted by the certain fact that this trainer won't remember a thing about it! (And is probably fat, bald and has none of his own teeth by now  wink  )
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:22 pm

Yes, Lynda, you're probably right! And as he was quite a bit older than me, he'll be fat, bald & wrinkled by now!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:42 pm

There, you see? Zena saved you for a better life!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:00 am

laughing 

Bandit gave us one or two red faced moments...

We were walking through Hampstead Heath one cold, slippery winters day when my oh spotted Bill Oddie. He was about to ask him for an autograph when Bandit ran straight into the back of my oh's knees. Or rather he ran through his knees, with my oh ending up flat on his back! Naturally I didn't laugh!

Also, when we moved to the Black Mountains we had a good friend come & stay with his new girlfriend. The first evening we were sitting in the living room after a nice meal & a couple of bottles of wine when Bandit let of a particularly stinky staffy-fart. It was totally silent, but deadly. He suddenly stood up, glared at our guest, and walked out of the room in disgust!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:35 am

Oh I'll bet Bill Oddie just loved the first one!

Second one - bit of a "trompe" on Bandit's part at the end of a sophisticated evening!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:00 am

laughing 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:27 am

Xan once vomited up his breakfast and the ate it again during a recall at training.
Also with our first competition he stopped in the middle of his retrieve and pee'd !!! That's an immediate disqualification and before you ask I took him for a wee before we started!
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:28 am

Oh, dear!

Dempsey has twice vomited up ladies' knickers, but luckily there has only been family to see it!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:40 am

rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor 

Oh I laughed so hard now!!
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:30 am

rolling on floor 

Bella is really nosey. As soon as anyone comes in the house her nose is straight in their bag to see what's there. She's got me embarrassed a few times with eyewatering staffy farts when people are fussing her and saying how lovely she is  blush 
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:44 pm

Dempsey's just a freak. laughing

A while ago, I went to meet mum at work. Dempsey goes to work with mum, so when I got there I sat down and gave him a fuss, being quiet as mum was on the phone. Dempsey chose that moment to launch himself at me, humping my leg furiously with his tail wagging. I was desperately whisper-shouting at him to get off, as I didn't want the person on the other end of mum's phone call to overhear, which only encouraged Dempsey to kick into turbo-drive. laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:49 pm

Eleanor wrote:Dempsey's just a freak. laughing

A while ago, I went to meet mum at work. Dempsey goes to work with mum, so when I got there I sat down and gave him a fuss, being quiet as mum was on the phone. Dempsey chose that moment to launch himself at me, humping my leg furiously with his tail wagging. I was desperately whisper-shouting at him to get off, as I didn't want the person on the other end of mum's phone call to overhear, which only encouraged Dempsey to kick into turbo-drive. laughing

Now that really is embarrassing!
Wendy
Wendy

Names of Dogs : Buster and Gus

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:51 pm

It was a bit awkward! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s