All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gone to the dogs - what do you think?

+4
ella
Caryll
Shisa
Eleanor
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gone to the dogs - what do you think? Empty Gone to the dogs - what do you think?

Post by Eleanor Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:08 am

For any who haven't heard, it was a Channel 4 programme about dog fighting. A huge petition went around, ending with over 20,000 signatures, to stop them airing it. It aired yesterday.

The problem with this programme was that it documented people who participated in the dog fighting.

Some people are saying that the documentary proved that Pit Bulls and related breeds were friendly, rather than aggressive. Others are saying that the documentary glorified dog fighting, gave publicity and protection to dog fighters and gave people a 'how to' guide on dog fighting.

I feel that I should add in a warning for people who haven't yet seen it - it isn't nice. It doesn't censor the graphic content.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Gone to the dogs - what do you think? Empty Re: Gone to the dogs - what do you think?

Post by Shisa Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:22 am

I think what is good that being graphic it'll make more people totally detest the act and the people involved.
If you're the type that's going to go into dog fighting, you're going to do it and find a way to do it. A TV program isn't going to suddenly turn you into the type.

Fabulous that it shows the breeds in a positive light and as the victims of fucktards.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Gone to the dogs - what do you think? Empty Re: Gone to the dogs - what do you think?

Post by Eleanor Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:29 am

I haven't watched the whole thing yet. What I didn't like about it was that the people involved are being protected, rather than prosecuted. They've received a reward for animal cruelty. Is it the lesser of two evils, if the documentary does some good? I don't know. But that would be my main beef with it.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:37 am

Unfortunately the program wouldn't have been made if people were going to get prosecuted.
Same when they do documentaries on drugs etc.. They can't do the police's work.
Hopefully the police can use the info from the program.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:44 am

That's what I mean - obviously, the creators of the programme would be daft to think that they could prosecute them. However, from what I've been reading in the last few days, they are being completely uncooperative with the RSPCA, who want the police to obtain the footage so that the people can be prosecuted.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:50 am

I think that, for once, the RSPCA is doing the right thing. They should be able to obtain the unedited footage and the full details so that they can investigate.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:52 am

Me too!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:04 pm

That is going to be a lengthy court battle. Human right against Dog rights  sad 
The police and RSPCA should from now on make documentaries as cover to infiltrate the filth.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:07 pm

Yes, I think it will. Apparently it's something that they're prepared to do though, so good for them!

Agreed. There's no need to pander to these people - catch it on video and expose them!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:39 pm

I haven't seen it yet I was at work last night, but I've recorded it to watch when I get chance.
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:37 pm

I didnt watch cause i thought it would make me too angry.
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:39 pm

I'm still not sure if I'm going to watch the whole programme.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:55 pm

Have just watched it, am fuming  angry  ****ing cowards need stringing up and their balls pulled off  crying

I sobbed and shouted at the TV all the way through, and hugged the boys extra hard  crying

Last edited by ella on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:02 pm

They're disgusting people. I think it's disgraceful that they were allowed the publicity and reward of being on television. They should be arrested.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:03 pm

They need shooting never mind arresting  angry 
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:11 pm

That too. sad
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:19 pm

crying 

Last edited by ella on Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:20 pm

ella wrote:Have just watched it, and have never felt so upset and angry over a show before. ****ing cowards need stringing up and their balls pulled off  crying

I sobbed and shouted at the TV all the way through, and hugged the boys extra hard  crying 

Well now i'm DEFINITELY not watching!
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:23 pm

I wouldn't if you've a sensitive nature.

Without being too graphic, there is full uncensored dog fights, a horse shot in the head, lure courses.....
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:37 pm

Hayley wrote:
ella wrote:Have just watched it, and have never felt so upset and angry over a show before. ****ing cowards need stringing up and their balls pulled off  crying

Well now i'm DEFINITELY not watching!

Here's another who won't be watching it - if it made Ella cry it would tear me into tiny pieces.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:40 pm

I only managed to watch half of it before putting it off. I don't think I've ever been so angry about a programme.  I think an opportunity to look deeper into it and highlight the dogs stolen for bait, speak to the RSPCA or people who rescue dogs used for fighting was missed. It looked like she was basically saying yeah it's bad, but people shoot animals for sport or food. It also seemed like that fight was arranged for the benefit of the show.

http://operafresh.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/penny-woolcock-discusses-her-latest.html?m=1
"There was a period while filming when I felt completely lost, to be honest. I thought it was going to be unremittingly cruel, but the reality was somehow not quite as bad as I'd feared."

Sorry I'm just f***** raging still  crying
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:42 pm

ella wrote:I wouldn't if you've a sensitive nature.

Without being too graphic, there is full uncensored dog fights, a horse shot in the head, lure courses.....

Seen worse tbh lol but you know me, i would start to write emails and get in fights
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:45 pm

I've seen most things but the way it was portrayed got to me and made me so angry  angry and they all got off Scott free!
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:46 pm

I have inadvertently seen some horrible things, but I am not going to sit and watch them voluntarily.

Why did they shoot the horse, Ella?
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:58 pm

It was to do with horse racing and how many horses die or are killed through injury and in some cases poor performance, but he just casually shots it point blank in the forehead sad

But anything to do with dogs always gets to me, but I stuck it out and watched it all. It just wasn't balanced and just sempt to want to show 'macho' dudes fighting their dogs, and how many dogs theirs had killed.
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next