All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How often do you change your dog's water and clean out the bowl?

+5
Wendy
ella
Shisa
Caryll
Eleanor
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How often do you change your dog's water and clean out the bowl? - Page 2 Empty How often do you change your dog's water and clean out the bowl?

Post by Eleanor Thu May 01, 2014 12:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just curious to know, as I don't think I've ever asked anybody before! laughing Dempsey's water is changed at least once per day regardless of how it looks, as well as throughout the day if it starts to get a bit mucky or spitty. I wash the bowl whenever I change the water.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

How often do you change your dog's water and clean out the bowl? - Page 2 Empty Re: How often do you change your dog's water and clean out the bowl?

Post by Caroline Thu May 01, 2014 9:00 pm

laughing 
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

How often do you change your dog's water and clean out the bowl? - Page 2 Empty Re: How often do you change your dog's water and clean out the bowl?

Post by ella Fri May 02, 2014 6:16 am

laughing
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Fri May 02, 2014 7:26 am

Lexi doesn't have a bowl, she would eat it lol she has a bucket instead, which is filled up every few days. She also has a paddling pool that i wash out about once a week, but she doesn't really use it the horses mostly do.
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri May 02, 2014 10:29 am

I don't even like drinking water that's been left out overnight! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri May 02, 2014 9:19 pm

Hayley wrote:Lexi doesn't have a bowl, she would eat it lol she has a bucket instead, which is filled up every few days. She also has a paddling pool that i wash out about once a week, but she doesn't really use it the horses mostly do.

I must admit that I couldn't do that - the thought of stale, dirty water for Dempsey to drink would make me feel ever so guilty! laughing 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy Fri May 02, 2014 9:30 pm

Incidentally, if you have men in your household make sure they close the toilet lid after them as if your dogs drink from the toilet bowl they can be harmed by the chemicals in your toilet cleaner. If they refuse to remember to close the lid - SHOUT AT THEM! I know I do.
Wendy
Wendy

Names of Dogs : Buster and Gus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri May 02, 2014 9:38 pm

Strangely enough, I've never had a dog that has drunk from the toilet bowl! Dempsey has sniffed around a bit, but never actually drunk.

Mind you, I do get the ump when they leave the toilet seat up!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Fri May 02, 2014 9:43 pm

None of my dogs ever drunk from the toilet bowl either (Kuchar couldn't reach in any case!)

But WHY men leave the loo seat up is mystery to me - is it just too much effort to close the lid  dunno 
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy Fri May 02, 2014 9:56 pm

I have caught Buster drinking from the toilet bowl in the past, he is a dirty dog. I also have to stop him from drinking from puddles at certain places on our walks because he likes to drink from puddles on a path that tractors regularly use (dirty tyres and oil spillage) and he also likes to drink from puddles on the edges of cultivated farm land (chemically sprayed).

I only take water and a travel bowl out with me in the Summer - but even then he would try to drink the dirty water and not want the fresh water offered to him. There again, he is a turd eater. Yeuch Buster no!
Wendy
Wendy

Names of Dogs : Buster and Gus

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Fri May 02, 2014 9:58 pm

Oh yes - puddles! Could anything be more delicious? (No, says Kuchar)
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat May 03, 2014 12:23 pm

Wendy wrote:Incidentally, if you have men in your household make sure they close the toilet lid after them as if your dogs drink from the toilet bowl they can be harmed by the chemicals in your toilet cleaner. If they refuse to remember to close the lid - SHOUT AT THEM! I know I do.

Dempsey can't reach into it anymore! laughing

LyndaW wrote:None of my dogs ever drunk from the toilet bowl either (Kuchar couldn't reach in any case!)

But WHY men leave the loo seat up is mystery to me - is it just too much effort to close the lid  dunno 

Or not wiping up the mess when they miss the toilet bowl.  sick 

LyndaW wrote:
Wendy wrote:I have caught Buster drinking from the toilet bowl in the past, he is a dirty dog. I also have to stop him from drinking from puddles at certain places on our walks because he likes to drink from puddles on a path that tractors regularly use (dirty tyres and oil spillage) and he also likes to drink from puddles on the edges of cultivated farm land (chemically sprayed).

I only take water and a travel bowl out with me in the Summer - but even then he would try to drink the dirty water and not want the fresh water offered to him. There again, he is a turd eater. Yeuch Buster no!

Oh yes - puddles! Could anything be more delicious? (No, says Kuchar)

Dempsey is allowed to drink puddles from the hose water, but not on walks (unless we know it's only rain water).

There is actually a reason why dogs often prefer rain water puddles to their drinking water. Unlike humans, dogs can taste water, as well as the chemicals present in tap/faucet water. The rain water tastes better to them!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sat May 03, 2014 1:08 pm

Eleanor wrote: The rain water tastes better to them!

No accounting for taste! rolling eyes 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat May 03, 2014 1:11 pm

laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat May 03, 2014 10:15 pm

Rain water does have a different taste - it's much softer and includes various pollens, dusts etc contained in the air it has fallen through. I'll let Kuchar lick a little water from puddles, but not from those in the road which vehicles have passed through.

"Or not wiping up the mess when they miss the toilet bowl. sick " Don't get me started! It amazes me that 50% of the population pride themselves on their accuracy with darts, balls, whatever and etc, but still manage to miss a huge great toilet bowl from a distance of two feet. dunno 
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun May 04, 2014 1:33 pm

Road puddles are definitely a no-no! I only ever let him drink 'fresh' puddles, when I know it's just rained.

laughing If they can't aim, they should sit. Saves time and effort!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2