All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Couple of little bus stories

+2
LyndaW
Caryll
6 posters

Go down

Couple of little bus stories Empty Couple of little bus stories

Post by Caryll Thu May 29, 2014 9:38 pm

Some of you probably know that my oh is a bus driver. Most of them see some very strange/weird things several times a week, but what happened to my oh last week was hilarious....

1. An elderly man got on the bus & put his pass on the card reader, but instead of putting it all the way on, it sort of balanced on the edge. As the man tried to pick it up again, it flipped & went on the floor.

The man sort of jerked downwards to try and catch the card, but as he did so his wig shot off his head, hit my oh on the shoulder & fell into the driver's side of the door! My oh absolutely p*ssed himself laughing - just couldn't stop! The man wasn't too happy & wrote in to the company to complain. When the boss spoke to him about it, my oh told him that far from being disciplined for laughing, the old man should be prosecuted for assault as his wig hit my oh on the shoulder!

2. A woman who regularly gets on the bus to Towcester got on again last week. She paid her fare & sat down as usual. When my oh looked in the mirror, she was staring straight at him! You know what it's like, if you know someone's staring at you, you tend to keep looking, and every time he looked, she smiled at him.

Just before her stop, she got up & started telling him how good looking he is (his reaction was "Is that a joke? Are you being funny?"), and how she'd been trying to pluck up the courage to talk to him for ages! She then asked if he was married & when he said yes, she was most disappointed! stop 

I'll have to start getting on that bus myself......... wink 
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Couple of little bus stories Empty Re: Couple of little bus stories

Post by LyndaW Thu May 29, 2014 9:43 pm

laughing 

Yep, start visiting Towcester Caryll!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Thu May 29, 2014 9:43 pm

I wish I'd seen the CCTV pics of the wig incident! laughing 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu May 29, 2014 9:46 pm

laughing Typical dad!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Thu May 29, 2014 9:55 pm

I believe you can buy a sort of double-sided sticky tape to keep wigs etc stuck to the head (I believe models etc use it to keep risqué dresses in place). Perhaps your dad could mention it to the guy next time he sees him!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Thu May 29, 2014 10:02 pm

Hahahaha aww! Towcester is lovely though happy

My trailer examiner told me a story about a woman who went for her MOT. Got to the reception and said she was in blabalbla went to go out with the man and couldn't find her car, her keys were not in her bag so it was assumed stolen. Called the police, big search on, called her son to get her and take her home. Got home and the car was in the drive. Phoned police to say the house was getting robbed, police arrive and noone is in the house. Keys on the table. She had walked to the MOT centre!
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Thu May 29, 2014 10:09 pm

The whole bus garage now knows what happened & they all want to see the CCTV footage, but the management won't let them!wink 

Hayley wrote:My trailer examiner told me a story about a woman who went for her MOT. Got to the reception and said she was in blabalbla went to go out with the man and couldn't find her car, her keys were not in her bag so it was assumed stolen. Called the police, big search on, called her son to get her and take her home. Got home and the car was in the drive. Phoned police to say the house was getting robbed, police arrive and noone is in the house. Keys on the table. She had walked to the MOT centre!

rolling on floor rolling on floor 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu May 29, 2014 10:12 pm

The sensible thing to do would have been to secure it with something like that sticky tape, yes! laughing

laughing Bet the MOT woman felt silly afterwards!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Thu May 29, 2014 10:30 pm

About 10 years ago I started working at a small software company. I was the only female.  At the time I was "growing my hair out" as the job was stressful enough without bothering about my horrible hair, so sported the "Streatham Facelift" (every hair dragged back into a ponytail, all stray hairs sprayed hard and stuck into place).  Unfortunately my hair was not yet long enough, so I wore a clip-on ponytail, luckily an exact match for my hair colour.  One day I went home for lunch as usual, and on my return to my work station found my clip-on ponytail on my desk - I hadn't even noticed that it had dropped off!  All my lovely work-mates were staring fixedly at their computer screens, effecting not to notice my return.  Quick thinking was required and I went the brazen route - "Ooh, me Barnet" I exclaimed, clipped it on and started work.  It was soon forgotten (I hope!  blush )
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu May 29, 2014 10:35 pm

I think that's the best approach to take, really! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri May 30, 2014 9:39 am

Hilarious stories!!

I can't help feeling sorry for the poor staring woman.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri May 30, 2014 10:47 am

I feel a little sorry for her, tbh. tongue It's still hilarious though - I giggle every time I think about it!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Fri May 30, 2014 11:06 am

Omg great stories  rolling on floor  I want to see the cctv footage as well!

Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri May 30, 2014 9:27 pm

LyndaW wrote:About 10 years ago I started working at a small software company. I was the only female.  At the time I was "growing my hair out" as the job was stressful enough without bothering about my horrible hair, so sported the "Streatham Facelift" (every hair dragged back into a ponytail, all stray hairs sprayed hard and stuck into place).  Unfortunately my hair was not yet long enough, so I wore a clip-on ponytail, luckily an exact match for my hair colour.  One day I went home for lunch as usual, and on my return to my work station found my clip-on ponytail on my desk - I hadn't even noticed that it had dropped off!  All my lovely work-mates were staring fixedly at their computer screens, effecting not to notice my return.  Quick thinking was required and I went the brazen route - "Ooh, me Barnet" I exclaimed, clipped it on and started work.  It was soon forgotten (I hope!  blush )

laughing laughing 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down