All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another street 'shut down' by postal workers due to dog attacks

4 posters

Go down

Another street 'shut down' by postal workers due to dog attacks Empty Another street 'shut down' by postal workers due to dog attacks

Post by Eleanor Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:20 pm

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Street-left-letters-days-dog-attacks-postal/story-21270314-detail/story.html

The owner/s of the dog should be ashamed of themselves. They are not only responsible for injuries on post workers, but also for every other person on that street not having potentially important post delivered.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Another street 'shut down' by postal workers due to dog attacks Empty Re: Another street 'shut down' by postal workers due to dog attacks

Post by Shisa Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:52 pm

I do wonder that people can be up in arms about post not delivered but not so much that there is a dangerous dog on the loose. People these days are very apathetic to things not affecting them directly.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Another street 'shut down' by postal workers due to dog attacks Empty Re: Another street 'shut down' by postal workers due to dog attacks

Post by Eleanor Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:59 pm

To be fair, post can be extremely important, and they may have complained about the dog as well, only to have that edited out by the oh-so-reliable news. tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:53 pm

Well there are some mixed stories here aren't there. Dog drew blood/dog is nice as pie.

I believe there is a law (correct me if I am wrong) that a dog shouldn't be allowed to wander the streets off lead/unsupervised. Simple - no postie scared, no dog in danger of being put down, everyone gets their mail.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:17 pm

LyndaW wrote:I believe there is a law (correct me if I am wrong) that a dog shouldn't be allowed to wander the streets off lead/unsupervised.  Simple - no postie scared, no dog in danger of being put down, everyone gets their mail.

Yes, that's right. But this owner obviously couldn't give a rat's arse about the law!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:29 pm

I would have thought though that the Post Office would have reported a loose and dangerous dog to the Police, even if the neighbours didn't.

And then the Police should have ensured that the dog was either kept under control, or taken away (which should not necessarily mean destruction of the dog). If the dog's owners don't give a rat's arse about the law, then they should take the consequences, as in any other walk of life where the law is disobeyed.

Maybe I'm being too simplistic and naïve.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:30 pm

No, you're not Lynda. But maybe we all mistakenly think that the police are there to keep the law?
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:35 pm

Ah Caryll - sarcastic but true.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:44 pm

At the end of the article, there's speculation that the dog was PTS.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down