All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really worried about Millie! :(

+3
Shisa
Eleanor
Amber
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Really worried about Millie!  :(  - Page 2 Empty Really worried about Millie! :(

Post by Amber Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone, some of you might remember a while back, Millie had really sore feet. She had blisters that burst and bled. Well they healed up, but it happened again, and they never seem to go away completely, it's like she's ok if I rest her, but as soon as she walks anywhere, they get sore again, and if she runs, and causes friction, the blisters burst and bleed. We took her back to the vets today, as I am too scared to even walk her! She was very concerned, and now doesn't think it's anything that's aggravated her feet, she's now thinking she might have an auto immune disease. sad The vet said she needed to look in her dermatology book, and speak with her colleagues, she's taken photos of her feet, and she said she'd ring me back this afternoon, but I've not heard back yet. She has prescribed steroid tablets, and said she needs 3 a day. She said they'll probably want her to go in for the day and have tests done. I'm so worried! When I was younger, we lost our Jack Russell to the auto immune disease which her own blood cells attacked themselves, she was only 4. Obviously if Millie has it, it's the skin sort, not the blood one. I don't really know a great deal about the skin one, can they only give steroids to help? straight face xxx
Amber
Amber

Names of Dogs : Poppy and Millie

Back to top Go down

Really worried about Millie!  :(  - Page 2 Empty Re: Really worried about Millie! :(

Post by Amber Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:55 pm

Thank you, and yes, I am really worried. Hate leaving them at the vets! sad I paid all the excess at her last appointment, so shouldn't have anything else to pay. Thank goodness for insurance!!! She said she's gonna be sore, coz they need to cut a little way into her foot. sad poor girly hasn't had a proper walk in ages bless her. She turned 2 on the 5th of July. xxx
Amber
Amber

Names of Dogs : Poppy and Millie

Back to top Go down

Really worried about Millie!  :(  - Page 2 Empty Re: Really worried about Millie! :(

Post by Caryll Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:40 pm

Thank goodness for insurance indeed!

Poor girl, so young to be going through so much.
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:54 pm

Poor thing! sad
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:16 pm

Wishing you and Millie good luck for Friday, Amber.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:55 am

A little pain but it will be good to know exactly what is for what though. Know what the prognosis is in the long run.

Luckily dogs aren't hindered by the mental side of having a disease or ailment and can live every day to it's fullest.
Best of luck to you guys  hug 
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:28 pm

Good luck for tomorrow!! huggle 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 am

hug Good luck!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2