All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jessup, Tyson & I nearly got run over!

+2
Shisa
tracyp
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jessup, Tyson & I nearly got run over! Empty Jessup, Tyson & I nearly got run over!

Post by tracyp Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:10 am

Took them for a walk. Nothing different. Same old, same old. Both walk on my left. Tyson against my leg & Jess on his left. Tyson is the meat in the sandwich. 

I got up the street to the supermarket just as school finished.  I always walk through there as there are loads of people, cars, dogs, noise, kids, bikes, etc. I like mine to be used to all activities & sounds. After they sat beautifully, waiting for the cars to move away we stepped off the curb to walk through the car park.

Some idiot in a silver toyota 4wd ute reversed out without looking... he just backed straight out quite quickly, as he hit me I belted the back of his truck. (Thank god the dogs were healing beautifully on my left) he stopped at the noise of me hitting the truck, & as i yelled at him.... you ^/$#@ (idiot)... look before you just fly out, there's little kids everywhere!!! a lady came rushing over to see if we were all ok. "That was too damn close" she said.
I know!!!!  shocked
1st things 1st. Puppy check. Ok, both are fine. He just drove off. disapprove  Karma is all I have to say to you mate! 
She gave me her name & number incase their is a problem with me or the dogs in future. Thank you Dianne. I do appreciate both your help & concern for me & my dogs. hug  hug  hug 

What I want to know is why the hell was he in such a hurry to leave the carpark? This supermarket is directly opposite a primary school! There are always kids there buying lollies & pies!
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Jessup, Tyson & I nearly got run over! Empty Re: Jessup, Tyson & I nearly got run over!

Post by Shisa Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:33 am

Glad you're all ok! Some people should not be allowed to drive. You have to be so careful.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Jessup, Tyson & I nearly got run over! Empty Re: Jessup, Tyson & I nearly got run over!

Post by tracyp Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:41 am

I am always watching, this bloke backed out like he had a bowl of hot soup dropped in his lap. All I saw was his tailgate coming at me.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:53 am

Omg, what an idiot. Glad you are all ok. Some drivers think they are the only people on the road. A pet hate of mine is drivers who don't bother to indicate.
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:26 pm

Yikes! shocked Glad you're all okay! That idiot shouldn't be allowed to drive!

You didn't happen to get his plate number, did you? If not, is there any way you could complain to the supermarket and ask them to check the cctv footage?
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:56 pm

I didnt see his plate, I was too busy getting up to check the dogs. All I saw was a silver 4wd with Toyota across the back. Then a lady grabbing the dogs leads saying I have your dogs... are you ok as the truck left.

I dont know if they have cctv?

My OH just got home awhile ago. I told him what happened, hes all over Tyson like a microscope as I fell on him. Jess was pushed forward so she is fine.

Now he is on the war path for any Toyota 4wd with a dint in the tailgate.
I think sometimes I need to not tell him about my day!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:14 pm

I know he was a tradie.... I saw tools, ladders, & a high vis jacket. I may be wrong but my gut says he drove off as he didn't want to be breathalised.   dunno
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:55 pm

I'm glad you weren't hurt - more luck than judgement, though.

I'd honestly contact the supermarket & ask if they have cctv - and if they have, contact the police and insist they check it & follow it up!

He could have killed a child!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:04 pm

Caroline wrote:Omg, what an idiot. Glad you are all ok. Some drivers think they are the only people on the road. A pet hate of mine is drivers who don't bother to indicate.  
Yep, me to. 
We have a saying here for those that don't indicate.....
"Nice car, .... shame the indicators dont work!"
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:06 pm

Yeah, he could have killed a child. My hip is aching, I think it will be black tomorrow. I am just glad that he hit me & not my dogs or someones baby. Im sure he's a local. Its not a supermarket you'd go to if you don't live locally.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:42 pm

Poor you! sad Make sure you take a picture of your hip and/or go to a doctor to get it confirmed, so you can prove the car hit you. Like you said, he could have killed a child! Even without children there, he could have seriously injured you and your dogs - or worse.

hug
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:37 pm

OMG Tracy, what a narrow escape! (Or not, as far as your hip is concerned).

A couple of years ago, my car got hit by a tradie in truck - he also hurled out of his parking space outside a bookies (I learned later that he was in a temper because he had lost on the fruities).

He went to drive off saying "it's OK" but it wasn't and I stopped him. He then told lies to his boss but fortunately the people outside the pub opposite saw all, photographed the incident and stood up for me when the insurance company called them.

I've got a suspicion that he told lies because he was afraid of getting a rollicking from his boss/losing his transport or his job. Maybe your tradie was of similar mind.

You should certainly pursue this as much as you can, especially if your hip injury gets worse (which I certainly hope it doesn't).

Good luck, and get well soon  hug   hug   hug 
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:42 pm

Let us know how you get on - he really needs to be tracked down if at all possible!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:46 pm

What they said!

Take it easy for a while, if you can  hug 
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:53 am

Well, so many things to say...
Thank you all for your kind words everyone.  love 

It is bruised. I won't show you as its black on my toosh. My lower back is also sore but that is from a prior incident that the fall has agrivated. 
We Aussies dont sue as a rule. We just suck it up. 

If they did have cctv (& I dont think they do? Its a tiny local.) The most he would get is a slap on the wrist. He got that from my language.  I don't think he will be stopping there for some time to come.

To the driver.... 
What if it was your wife or child? Your best little friend? How would you feel if they didn't check if they were ok? Accidents happen, people deal with them... irresponsible cowards are built up over years. You have shown which you are.

I suggest for your own longevity you shop elsewhere for awhile. There is a big angry greek looking for you now, my ears are not enjoying his comments & he is not angry with me. My rational words are not working on him at the moment!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:22 am

Poor you. sad Hope you recover quickly!

Physical injuries aside, how are you, Jessie and Tyson?

I hope he gets some sort of justice, one way or another. The irresponsible scum bag.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:32 pm

We're fine thanks. Nothing alittle time wont heal. We didn't go for a walk today but I think we'll be off out tomorrow. (Fingers crossed.)
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:12 pm

hug hug hug 

Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:29 pm

Has your hip turned purple?
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:49 pm

Eleanor wrote:Poor you. sad Hope you recover quickly!

Physical injuries aside, how are you, Jessie and Tyson?

I hope he gets some sort of justice, one way or another. The irresponsible scum bag.
It's the other that bothers me! Con is on a car hunt. I'm hoping karma gets him.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:50 pm

Caryll wrote:Has your hip turned purple?
My hip & butt is stippled blue. Tyson is flinching when I rub his side. I feel bad as I have hurt my little boy. I let him have icecream tonight to sooth my guilt.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:25 pm

sad I hope you both feel better soon! hug It wasn't your fault at all.

I don't blame your OH for being angry. Like you said, hopefully karma will take the lead in this one.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:34 pm

Eleanor....pray for karma. My con is a big man.... & he's on the look out despite everything I have said to him. I should never have opened my mouth. I have an angry silverback in my house now.

Someone endangered all 3 of us. He is not a happy man.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:13 pm

Maybe it was a accident. Let's hope it was... maybe his wife was having a baby or his father a heart attack and he just flew out and off because it was serious. Didn't even think about what was happening.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:32 pm

I think he'd been on the plonk to be honest. No proof, just gut feel.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next