All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your dog(s) idiosyncrasies?

+3
Caryll
LyndaW
tracyp
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What are your dog(s) idiosyncrasies? Empty What are your dog(s) idiosyncrasies?

Post by tracyp Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:01 pm

Jessup...
Apart from trying sneaking up on the bed like an elephant trying to tiptoe..... rolling on floor 
She runs to the chooks barking by the pen gate as she hates crows, pigeons,  any bird really. They steal both eggs & her breakfast. She knows eggies = yum. She gets sh1tty when the crows steal them. disapprove 

Tyson...
Don't play/punch up the jessup, mum, dad, or chilli! Put the chook down now! Grrrrr! Woof, woof. (I will tell you off, I dont care if anyone is having fun... hands off!) There's no play fighting here with Tyson without a lot of noise & teeth!
Also, uhum, dinner is at 6pm, not 6.03!!! laughing

What idiosyncrasies do your dogs have?
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

What are your dog(s) idiosyncrasies? Empty Re: What are your dog(s) idiosyncrasies?

Post by LyndaW Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:15 pm

Can't think of anything really! He's a fairly normal dog; just one thing (and this is my fault because I encouraged it when he was a puppy) when I say walkies to him he leaps up and punches me in the tummy with his front paws. And sometimes when the mood takes him, he'll try to chase cars. And when he sees another dog he'll lie down with his head on his paws and I can't move him. And he'll chase mops, brooms and vacuum cleaners.

Actually, he's not normal at all is he?  laughing 

LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

What are your dog(s) idiosyncrasies? Empty Re: What are your dog(s) idiosyncrasies?

Post by Caryll Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:58 pm

LyndaW wrote:
Actually, he's not normal at all is he?  laughing 

laughing laughing 

Dempsey is convinced that foxes don't exist. One regularly walks right in front of him on his last walk of the evening & Dempsey doesn't even acknowledge that it was there! laughing

And he thinks that if his head will go through a space, so will his huge shoulders!
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:59 pm

Plus, you know the old saying for a pregnant woman.....Never stand when you can sit; never sit when you can lie down? Well, that's Dempsey's motto!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:24 pm

That's my motto too Caryll!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:12 am

happy  well I cant disagree with that!

Kuchar is extremely normal.... for a staffy! laughing 
Perhaps Demps is in need of a good optometrist?  rolling on floor 
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:25 am

I'll just post about Xan.
He will warn you about the dangers of nail polish and drinking after taking a huge sniff of said offending item. He will give high pitched barks and bare his teeth, snapping at the offending item.
He is also a HUGE, HUGE PAIN!!! where it comes to water. If someone has slobbered in the bowl he won't drink from it and will stand moaning till you change it. At school if a strange dog drinks from his water he won't drink it and I have to rinse the bowl with clean water before he'll drink again.

Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:21 am

laughing Oh dear!

Demps has the strangest howl I've ever heard in a dog. Most dogs do the classic, wolf-like, two-or-three-toned howl. Dempsey's howl sounds like a mix between a power drill and somebody gargling water at the back of their throat. Seriously.

The first time I heard him doing it, I thought somebody was drilling through our wall. He throws his head back and gargles like he's drowning for about ten seconds. laughing One tone the whole time.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:12 am

Oh, they are funny aren't they!

Theresa, would you drink water with doggie slobber in it? whistling   thats soooo funny.

& how funny is Demps? I can just imagine the sound. rolling on floor 
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:02 pm

tracyp wrote:
Perhaps Demps is in need of a good optometrist?   rolling on floor 

No. Just a brain! wink 

His howl really is weird! More of a gargle as Eleanor says. When he first did it, he obviously found it fun because he kept doing it for no reason. I thought he must be in pain so I took him to the vets, but there was nothing wrong!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:22 pm

I thought he must be in pain so I took him to the vets, but there was nothing wrong!

rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor Oh I laughed so hard now!
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:50 pm

You've probably guessed by now that although Dempsey doesn't have a very high iq, he knows how to get sympathy! When he howled he got fussed - so he hoooowwwlllled!!!!!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:57 pm

disapprove They ain't stupid!

Tyson loves a good... yeowie, owwwwh, eaough (staffy talk) @ 100 decibels,  but only with me at dinner time. With my OH,  he will staffy talk his way through the day as he knows he will get, pats, kisses, ass scratches, carrots or biscuits when he talks to Con.

& the little bugger knows the louder he is the quicker Con will do something for him! rolling on floor
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:21 pm

Another thing Xan does: You can't leave him in the car. He screams like he's dying in mortal agony as you walk away. When I had them in the back of my pick up he would start screaming when I slowed down for a stop sign or traffic light.
Soooo embarrassing. I once stopped for petrol with Xan screaming in the back and one of my friends I hadn't seen in ages found me. He said he didn't think any other dog could scream quite like Xan.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:53 pm

evil 

That's my man! Go for it Xan. Loud & proud is the best way to voice your opinion! rolling on floor
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:51 pm

Another thing I was reminded of today. We have two sets of stairs in our house, and when not in a hurry Kuchar will descend them one step at a time dragging his hind legs behind him in classic froggy fashion. He'll also drag himself around the floor like that . I used to hate it as I thought it made him look like a crippled dog (like that dog on the film Flatliners) but find it kinda cute now.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:05 pm

rolling on floor rolling on floor 

Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:04 am

Bless his little heart. That's the Bully in him. The frog dog makes me smile & feel warm & fuzzy ever time they do it. laughing 

Seems Demp, Tyson & Kuchar all adopt the frog dog position whilst trying to do the most mundane activities.  rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor 

I am just loving reading this thread.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:37 am

This morn I was reminded of another...

My OH always gets up 1st. (The dogs don't move)
Next I get up. Jess always follows me out of the bedroom.
EVENTUALY , Tyson gets his lazy butt up. But he WILL NOT speak to anyone until he finds & kisses Jess. thinking 

It appears kissing her face, teeth & tonsils starts his ears up for the day. rolling on floor
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:56 pm

'The Frog Dog' - love it! laughing

Tyson, you flirt! tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:27 am

happy  He is when it comes to his Jessup.

& how can anyone not smile at a frog dog? I love it!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:03 pm

He's a gentleman - knows how to treat a lady! tongue

The Frog Dog is adorable love
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:23 am

He is most certainly NOT a gentle anything.  laughing 
Poor Jess, every morn you can see her eyes roll..... really? This again? Oh for god sake!!!  impatient are you done? Fine! Now bugger off. rolling on floor
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:36 pm

laughing These are all brilliant!
Millie grumbles about everything, getting her tummy rubbed, ears scratched, if I'm ignoring her or not moving quickly enough at dinner time. She's like a grumpy old lady.
Bella does that screaming thing if I walk away from her outside. I can't leave her with my daughter while I pop onto a shop, she lets the whole town know that her cruel mummy has abandoned her. She even done it at the vets when I walked about 10ft away from her to pay the bill  covering eyes 
neither of them will go to get their dinner if my daughter tries to feed them when I'm home and with Millie even when I'm not home she won't eat when Karla feeds them  rolling eyes
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:09 pm

laughing Bless 'em! Like an old married couple! "Go away, I have a headache!"

Aww, Millie and Bella love
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum