All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police officer allowed his dog to urinate on Michael Brown memorial, before patrol cars ran over the shrine

4 posters

Go down

Police officer allowed his dog to urinate on Michael Brown memorial, before patrol cars ran over the shrine Empty Police officer allowed his dog to urinate on Michael Brown memorial, before patrol cars ran over the shrine

Post by Eleanor Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:34 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2736788/Officer-let-police-dog-URINATE-Michael-Brown-memorial-patrol-cars-ran-claims-report.html

shocked shocked shocked

How could they do that? sad I can understand how maybe they weren't aware of running over the rose petals, but to let your dog urinate on a memorial? They knew the memorial was there!

I'm going to set an alert up for this on Google, as I'd really like to know how they're going to justify this.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Police officer allowed his dog to urinate on Michael Brown memorial, before patrol cars ran over the shrine Empty Re: Police officer allowed his dog to urinate on Michael Brown memorial, before patrol cars ran over the shrine

Post by Caryll Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:22 pm

I don't know. I read the comments underneath & there would appear to be two sides to this story.

I don't know which one is correct!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Police officer allowed his dog to urinate on Michael Brown memorial, before patrol cars ran over the shrine Empty Re: Police officer allowed his dog to urinate on Michael Brown memorial, before patrol cars ran over the shrine

Post by Eleanor Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:47 pm

I'm inclined to believe the article, to be honest. Three officials had confirmed that it took place. Yes, the memorial was poorly placed, but that doesn't mean it should be run over (although I'm still open to the idea that that particular part could have been an accident).

Allowing the dog to urinate on it, however, is just disrespectful. The person who commented about police dogs only peeing on grass - pfft. Even a well-trained dog will go when it has to go.

I personally don't think the comments section is much to go on.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:50 pm

Without wishing to generalise, I don't think that US cops are noted for their sensitivity.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:23 pm

There does seem to be a bit of a stereotype - whether or not it's true, I don't know. I'm sure most of them are genuinely good people, wanting to help society. As usual, the few bad apples are the ones who get the most recognition.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:30 am

It's a makeshift memorial on a tar road. I think there's more to the story. My dogs have pee'd on lead while I was talking to someone and not watching them.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:19 am

That's one thing, but a police dog handler should have his eye on his dog around a crime scene. I'm sure there is more to the story - since when does the media produce full stories? laughing

And then there are the people commenting that the memorial should have been torn down anyway, as the victim wasn't exactly a saint. Again, I don't know the full story, but I don't really think it matters. In the situation where he was shot, he was innocent. He has family and friends grieving for him.

Which is another thing I don't like. If the entire thing with the police was an accident, why haven't they apologised to the family?
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:18 pm

Maybe they have but that's not setting the right tone and selling newspapers. Who knows these days.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:35 pm

Of course, they just have to get their audiences! Doesn't matter if it's truth or not.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down