All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newfoundland died from heat, after groomer allegedly ignored owner's warnings about using hot dryers

+2
LyndaW
Eleanor
6 posters

Go down

Newfoundland died from heat, after groomer allegedly ignored owner's warnings about using hot dryers Empty Newfoundland died from heat, after groomer allegedly ignored owner's warnings about using hot dryers

Post by Eleanor Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:17 pm

Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Newfoundland died from heat, after groomer allegedly ignored owner's warnings about using hot dryers Empty Re: Newfoundland died from heat, after groomer allegedly ignored owner's warnings about using hot dryers

Post by LyndaW Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:27 pm

Poor dog, this is inexcusable.

Only yesterday I saw a Bernese (I think it was) which had just got a 2nd in its class. His owner was queuing at a snack stand and saying "poor freddy, I know you're hot" and he did look uncomfortable. And although the day was a bit humid it was only about 20 degrees C. It must be a nightmare owning a thick coated dog if you live outside the Arctic Circle.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Newfoundland died from heat, after groomer allegedly ignored owner's warnings about using hot dryers Empty Re: Newfoundland died from heat, after groomer allegedly ignored owner's warnings about using hot dryers

Post by Caryll Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:12 pm

Poor dog. sad
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:17 pm

The cooling coats were out in force again yesterday ....though the guy ion the Easidri stand told me 23 degree was the magical figure , Tom had his on for a short while
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:53 pm

Yes, Tommy certainly seemed to appreciate his cooling coat.

I sweated buckets when Tommy was in the ring - I wonder whether dogs get as hot and bothered as we do under certain situations?
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:03 pm

What a disgrace!  That poor dog.

Our friend had a newfy. His name was Waldo. He & my rottie played together at the beach so often.... swimming, digging sand, running like ferrals...... A beautifully natured breed. They had a pool for him. They do not do well with heat.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:28 pm

That is very sad.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down