All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shocking documentary shows terrible conditions for dogs

+2
Shisa
Eleanor
6 posters

Go down

Shocking documentary shows terrible conditions for dogs Empty Shocking documentary shows terrible conditions for dogs

Post by Eleanor Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:54 am

Warning: the article contains images of abuse and neglect, which may be distressing. The article itself also describes distressing situations.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dogs-kept-cramped-cages-slaughtered-4369456

Last edited by Eleanor on Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Shocking documentary shows terrible conditions for dogs Empty Re: Shocking documentary shows terrible conditions for dogs

Post by Shisa Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:07 am

You should put a warning on this.
This is going to sound totally wrong but Vietnam, China, Japan ... they all have weird ideas about how the world should work. They do the same with chickens, sheep, pork you name it. Sickening.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Shocking documentary shows terrible conditions for dogs Empty Re: Shocking documentary shows terrible conditions for dogs

Post by Caryll Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:10 am

Horrific. Absolutely vile!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:11 am

Yikes! The pictures didn't load the first time I looked at the article - didn't realise it was like that. I'll edit a warning in. Thanks!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:25 am

What is needed is education.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:18 am

That won't help Tracy. You have to have a whole cultural revolution of mind and spirit.
They just don't feel the same about animals as we do.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:28 am

Hmm. Education only helps if it's well-received. They'd probably have the same reaction we'd have to somebody telling us that it's suddenly against the law to eat eggs. A small handful of would happily go without, but the majority would be furious.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:13 am

It's a cultural thing. Education is the key, but it has to be the children who are educated. The adults can only be stopped by animal welfare laws being passed and enforced.

To be honest, although eating dog meat is abhorrent to us, it isn't to some cultures. It's the welfare of the food animals - all of them, no matter what species - that is of the utmost importance.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:30 pm

Too right! I also wouldnt eat some meats but,  I do understand that  other cultures do see things in a differing light. I am saying, just as for cows, sheep etc that we eat, they should be farmed & humanely slaughtered just as we do with our farmed meat.

Education is the only way to get there.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:58 pm

I haven't looked at the link because I have seen more than enough pictures of dogs being sold for meat to last me a lifetime.

I do so agree that all and any animals that are considered as foodstuff in whatever country or culture should be treated humanely, up to and including slaughter.

I have not travelled very widely, but one (European) country I used to visit frequently and got to know fairly well treated their animals abysmally in general by "our" standards; they weren't regarded as sentient beings and any concern or affection I showed them was dismissed as English "soppiness". And they didn't even eat their dogs and cats!

LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:50 pm

I watched the documentary earlier and it is awful sad the conditions those dogs have to endure is downright disgraceful
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down