All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dame Judi Dench, Ricky Gervais and cast of Downtown Abbey back campaign to stop Thailand dog meat trade

5 posters

Go down

Dame Judi Dench, Ricky Gervais and cast of Downtown Abbey back campaign to stop Thailand dog meat trade Empty Dame Judi Dench, Ricky Gervais and cast of Downtown Abbey back campaign to stop Thailand dog meat trade

Post by Eleanor Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:37 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/ricky-gervais-and-dame-judi-dench-back-campaign-to-stop-thailand-dog-meat-trade-9818198.html

Warning: There is one image, which some may find distressing. It depicts several dogs standing, looking out of a slaughter-transport vehicle. No visible injuries, but the conditions aren't particularly pleasant.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Dame Judi Dench, Ricky Gervais and cast of Downtown Abbey back campaign to stop Thailand dog meat trade Empty Re: Dame Judi Dench, Ricky Gervais and cast of Downtown Abbey back campaign to stop Thailand dog meat trade

Post by Caryll Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:35 pm

Good for them!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Dame Judi Dench, Ricky Gervais and cast of Downtown Abbey back campaign to stop Thailand dog meat trade Empty Re: Dame Judi Dench, Ricky Gervais and cast of Downtown Abbey back campaign to stop Thailand dog meat trade

Post by Hayley Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:27 pm

It will never happen but i'm glad its being talked about.
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:55 pm

I believe it will happen, in time. A bit of a stretch in relation, but it wasn't really that far back in history when homosexuality was prosecutable. At that time, people didn't believe it would change and it was a very dominant opinion throughout a lot of the world.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:11 pm

I didn't realise that dogs were eaten in Thailand as well.

I hope the celeb backing makes a difference, but have my doubts.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:08 am

All is good and well but are they backing any of the animal related issues in Great Britain?
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:00 am

I don't know about the Downtown Abbey cast, but the other two do. happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:22 am

That's good. So often you see people backing campaigns overseas and not helping in their own countries because it's not news worthy.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:59 am

Sadly, I think you're right. sad It's not easy to tell when somebody's just doing it for their own publicity.

Although I'm not a huge fan of Ricky Gervais and his sense of humour, if there's one thing positive I can say about him, it's that he does quite a bit to support animal welfare.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down