All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone please got a min over Xmas to help me with my MSc temperament research questionnaire?

5 posters

Go down

Has anyone please got a min over Xmas to help me with my MSc temperament research questionnaire? Empty Has anyone please got a min over Xmas to help me with my MSc temperament research questionnaire?

Post by labtemp Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:18 am

Are there any owners of Labs, Cocker Spaniels, Poodles, Labradoodles, Cockapoos out there who have a spare 10 mins over Xmas?  If you have,  I'd really appreciate your help if you can.  I need owners to help me with my MSc research investigating differences in temperament between new cross breeds & their parent breeds, thanks so much if you can assist.  ww.crossbreedresearch.co.uk

Here's the full post.

How Different is Your Dog?
I am an MSc Applied Animal Behaviour and Welfare student from Newcastle University conducting a research project comparing the temperament of Labradoodles and Cockapoos with their parent breeds; Labrador, English Cocker Spaniel, American Cocker Spaniel and Poodle (Standard, Miniature, Toy).  
I am using the Canine Behaviour Assessment and Research Questionnaire (C-BARQ) http://vetapps.vet.upenn.edu/cbarq/  to collect responses from owners of dogs aged 6m+ from the above breeds about their dogs’ behaviour. I would be very grateful if you could spare 10-15 minutes to complete the questionnaire and help with this project.  If you would like to assist me, please visit the link above, create a brief profile, then ‘add a dog’, making sure you select ‘dog is participating in a study’.  The name of the study is ‘Temperament Traits in NRCBD Compared to Parent Breeds’ (NRCBD = Newly recognised cross breed dogs), the code you require is 202127.
The C-BARQ is the only valid and reliable standardized assessment of canine behaviour available.  Your dog’s scores regarding their response to everyday situations and stimuli will be added to the research project database and will eventually provide an informative insight into dog behaviour.
More information and research feedback will be posted at www.crossbreedresearch.co.uk  This will give you the opportunity to learn more about temperament and dog breeds and compare your own dog against general trends.
Thank you for taking the time to read this information and please feel free to share and cross post this message.  The more responses I can get the more reliable the results.

labtemp

Back to top Go down

Has anyone please got a min over Xmas to help me with my MSc temperament research questionnaire? Empty Re: Has anyone please got a min over Xmas to help me with my MSc temperament research questionnaire?

Post by Eleanor Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:42 am

I don't own any of those breeds, but I'll send a private message to Doodledoo, who owns a Poodle! happy If you want, I can share a link to this thread on our Facebook page!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Has anyone please got a min over Xmas to help me with my MSc temperament research questionnaire? Empty Re: Has anyone please got a min over Xmas to help me with my MSc temperament research questionnaire?

Post by labtemp Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:43 am

Brilliant that is SO SO kind thank you so much!!!

labtemp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:48 am

No problem! happy I've asked people on the Facebook page if they'd mind helping, so hopefully you'll get some answers soon!

Good luck! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:58 am

Good luck - I hope you get plenty of participants!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:12 pm

Also tagging owners of the mentioned breeds from the All Breeds Facebook friends list happy Hopefully they'll see it and help you out!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doodledoo Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi! It's me doodledoo. I have a toy poodle named Sherlock. I submitted my entry already to the CBARQ. Hope it was useful. Merry Christmas and goodluck to your research. happy
Doodledoo
Doodledoo

Names of Dogs : Sherlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:21 pm

Sorry I can't help - but I hope your project goes well.
Lorraine
Lorraine

Names of Dogs : Morgan, Tristan, Uther

Back to top Go down

Post by labtemp Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:42 am

Thank you every one who helped & sent me good wishes - much appreciated!

labtemp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down