All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What sort of exercise do you give your dogs?

+8
ladymarmalade
Dave
LyndaW
Hayley
Wendy
Caryll
ella
Eleanor
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What sort of exercise do you give your dogs? - Page 2 Empty What sort of exercise do you give your dogs?

Post by Eleanor Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Any extras added onto walks? Special toys or activities? Do tell!  popcorn 
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

What sort of exercise do you give your dogs? - Page 2 Empty Re: What sort of exercise do you give your dogs?

Post by Caroline Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:47 am

Caryll I can't believe I haven't thought of doing that  blush I'll need to be sneaky getting them out of the house one at a time. Bella follows me from room to room and Millie knows when I put my shoes on whether they are going for a walk or not, but it's not impossible. Thank you x
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

What sort of exercise do you give your dogs? - Page 2 Empty Re: What sort of exercise do you give your dogs?

Post by Wendy Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:19 pm

Caroline wrote:Caryll I can't believe I haven't thought of doing that  blush I'll need to be sneaky getting them out of the house one at a time. Bella follows me from room to room and Millie knows when I put my shoes on whether they are going for a walk or not, but it's not impossible. Thank you x

It's quite difficult to get just one of mine out of the house too because the one left behind goes bananas and the one taken out keeps turning his head to look back at the house. They like to be together these two.
Wendy
Wendy

Names of Dogs : Buster and Gus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:09 pm

Aww. It's like a love/hate relationship my two have  rolling eyes 
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:30 pm

Sounds like a trail and error situation! tongue

Hayley, pics please! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:03 pm

Tyson always finds a big stick 1/2 way on the walk, & expects me to throw it 50 times as he runs like a ferret. Jess used to ignore the stick & play.... chase tyson down & pin him. rolling on floor 

But now they walk seperate so, no change for tyson, still a stick fiend. Jess is happy running & sniffing in the bushes.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikey Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:21 pm

At the moment Blue is getting an hours walk in the morning everyday and sometimes one at night also. I got a running machine recently to start getting fitter myself and will start going on runs with Blue when I get better, but in the mean time Blue has been going on the machine himself and he loves it. Great for building up confidence. He has only been doing short 5-10 min sessions on it maybe once a day/every other day.
Mikey
Mikey

Names of Dogs : Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:28 am

Thats brilliant mike! Ive often thought about a running machine for tyson.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:33 am

Sounds good Mike.

Strange how some dogs fight going on a running machine every step of the way, and others take to it like it's second nature! Maybe it's because he made the choice himself?
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2