All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The things people feed their dogs...

+2
Caroline
Eleanor
6 posters

Go down

The things people feed their dogs... Empty The things people feed their dogs...

Post by Eleanor Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:51 pm

Not mentioning a name, but I noticed somebody on Facebook (gets all sorts, eh?) posted a picture of their dog eating a McDonald's Breakfast Burrito. The brand alone shows it's extremely unhealthy, even by human standards. So I looked up the ingredients.

Includes wheat, flour, fatty sausages, milk, cream, processed cheese and salt. Not to mention the hundreds of harmful colourings and additives. Each burrito has 16g of fat. That's roughly 25% of a human's daily recommended fat intake - multiply that by about 4 for a dog. That's just disgraceful. And then onto the 790mg of Sodium! That's just a disaster waiting to happen!

I don't understand it. I know people like to treat their dogs with tasty foods, but this isn't a treat! It's toxic! sad
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

The things people feed their dogs... Empty Re: The things people feed their dogs...

Post by Caroline Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:08 pm

A whole one? I'm bad for giving the girls little bits of what im eating but its about an inch square at most depending on what it is  straight face 
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

The things people feed their dogs... Empty Re: The things people feed their dogs...

Post by Eleanor Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:10 pm

Little bits here and there - it happens. A whole burrito? Pfft. Never! tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyroo11 Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:15 pm

not any worse than some dog foods LOL!

Rubyroo11

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:23 pm

Haha I like my food too much to give them a whole anything  tongue 
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:35 pm

I dunno - the colourings and additives match a lot of the Bakers ones, only in a greater quantity! I'd not eat the rubbish myself, so I wouldn't subject my dog to a regular meal of it! laughing

Dempsey wishes we'd give him all of our food. tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:43 pm

tbh I very rarely eat junk food, not only because I can't afford it but also because I don't find it sustaining or satisfying in itself. On the very rare occasions it enters our house Kuchar gets a little bit as a treat, but a whole MacDonalds whatever - absolutely not, on many levels.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Rubyroo11 wrote:not any worse than some dog foods LOL!

On a par with Bakers! shocked 

Caroline wrote:Haha I like my food too much to give them a whole anything  tongue 

Same here. My oh always says to Dempsey when he's sitting staring at me eat, "Don't look at her, she won't give you anything!"  laughing 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:59 pm

Agreed! With Dempsey, we need to be very careful what he eats anyway because of his stomach. With any dog, though, an entire McDonalds meal is a no-no!

Last edited by Eleanor on Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:41 am

If one of my dogs travel with me and I stop for some junkfood, I always buy them something as well. They've had MacDonalds junior burgers, KFC strips, sausages etc but I do try and go for something small and plain to avoid upset stomachs.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:51 pm

Tbh, even those, while not ideal, aren't as bad as Burritos.

Looking through previous posts and pics from the person responsible, it seems like McDonalds is a regular food source for her dog. Why? It's so easy to just go and buy dog food.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:32 pm

LOL it's much cheaper as well.
I also have to say that I think my dogs might have each had 1 junkfood snack in their lives.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:34 pm

I'd be lying if I said that Dempsey has never had junk food in his life, although most of it was from the men of the house! laughing It happens. I just can't believe somebody would feed their dog an entire toxic burrito! shocked
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:36 pm

laughing I wouldn't eat it!
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:42 pm

I'd sooner eat wood than eat anything from McDonald's! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:58 pm

Oh no  covering eyes  I love their Chicken burgers.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:07 pm

sick sick sick Yuck! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down