All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annoying habits

5 posters

Go down

Annoying habits Empty Annoying habits

Post by Wendy Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:58 pm

Buster is big enough to jump up in the kitchen and get his front paws on the kitchen units or the table and snaffle whatever he can find there. Tonight I made a lovely chicken casserole and what was left over I put into a Tupperware to cool then freeze. Luckily, I spotted Buster up there eating away at it. I blame myself. I should know much, much better. Last week I was about to make a blackberry pie, I defrosted some of the blackberries I had picked last Summer and knocked up some pastry, I was out of the kitchen 2 minutes to answer the door and when I returned the pastry was gone. Incidentally, Buster sicked it up.
Wendy
Wendy

Names of Dogs : Buster and Gus

Back to top Go down

Annoying habits Empty Re: Annoying habits

Post by LyndaW Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:16 pm

You have to have eyes in the back of your head don't you.   sigh
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:27 pm

There was one time when I put 12 sausages under the grill. I know there was 12 as they came in a pack of 12 and I had mentally thought '4 each' (son was still living at home). When I took them out there were 11 sausages and Buster had a burnt nose. He's never done it again.
Wendy
Wendy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:27 pm

Wendy wrote:There was one time when I put 12 sausages under the grill. I know there was 12 as they came in a pack of 12 and I had mentally thought '4 each' (son was still living at home). When I took them out there were 11 sausages and Buster had a burnt nose. He's never done it again.

laughing 

When Dempsey was still quite young I made myself a quorn sandwich. I cut it into 4 pieces & then the front door bell went & I had to go & take a parcel in from the postman. I left Dempsey lying in his crate in the kitchen, door open because he was tired from his walk. I'd gone for about 2 minutes at the most, but when I came back there were only 3 pieces of sandwich left, exactly as I'd left them, except for one quarter missing! Dempsey was still in his crate looking innocent.......yeah, right!
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:49 pm

laughing

I was eating a sandwich (another Quorn one, incidentally!) a while ago, with Dempsey laying next to me on the sofa. I looked away for a second to change the channel on the television, still holding onto the sandwich. Went to take another bite, without realising that Dempsey's face was suddenly inches from my sandwich. The sneaky little sod did a chameleon tongue trick and licked the entire of my sandwich. He then sat back and looked at me, as if to say, "It's got dog spit on it. You have to give it to me now!"
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:57 pm

Ehhhhem, this quorn, What do you have to do with it before you put it into a sandwich. hmm? Caryll said earlier it didn't need to be cooked but how on earth do you PUT IT INTO A SANDWICH?
Wendy
Wendy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:58 pm

Does it not taste like boiled cardboard?

Last edited by Wendy on Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Wendy
Wendy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:16 am

It comes in different forms. Sliced Quorn is like sliced ham/chicken/beef/turkey/whatever type you get. You just put the slice in between the bread and nom nom nom.

You can also get Quorn chunks, fillets, burgers, sausages, bacon, etc.. All sorts!

It tastes really nice, although apparently the texture is slightly different from meat! happy

The Quorn website, with pictures of some of the products: http://www.quorn.co.uk/food/

Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:56 am

I've got to admit I don't understand the Quorn thing. I know it's a fungus, and I love fungi (so long as I am sure they are not going to kill me!). But if you want to taste ham, chicken, beef etc then why not eat those meats? After all, the meaty taste has to come from somewhere and if not from chemicals, then where?

(If I sound argumentative I apologise, I don't mean to be it's just that I'm an ignoramus )

Meanwhile -back on thread - fortunately Kuchar is just too short to snitch things from my kitchen work-tops, even if he tries everso. My previous Dobies however had terrific reach - I still grieve over a huge hunk of roast beef which Rio stole and gulped down in two seconds flat.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:21 am

I'm a vegetarian, so meat is sort of out of the question laughing Quorn's also a generally healthier option than some meat. It's made from Mycroprotein and has a lot of fibre and protein, minus the harmful saturated fats.

laughing I know what to get Kuchar for his birthday then - a step ladder!

Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:54 am

So this morning Buster managed to get my toast while I was waiting for the eggs to poach.
Wendy
Wendy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:08 am

laughing 

Millie used to be really good at getting things. She can ignore something she wants for hours, not even look in it's direction, so that you completely forget about moving it. She got a whole gateau that way, profiterole, biscuits. She opened the box and ate the gateau without taking out of the carrier bag. Since getting Bella she hasn't been able to. Bella can't ignore any food so there's no chance of anything being left within reach.

I had no idea there was such a range with quorn.
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:57 pm

LyndaW wrote:I've got to admit I don't understand the Quorn thing.  I know it's a fungus, and I love fungi (so long as I am sure they are not going to kill me!).  But if you want to taste ham, chicken, beef etc then why not eat those meats? After all, the meaty taste has to come from somewhere and if not from chemicals, then where?  

Quorn is basically a meat replacement for vegetarians - that's why we don't eat those meats! shocked 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:03 pm

There is actually a website I think called '20 bananas a day'. It is a forum where all of the members only eat one fruit or vegetable item and that's it! They eat as many as they like of the one item but nothing else. It is a sort of cult I suppose. They post their old photos of themselves and a recent one and I have to say they look great - lean with shining eyes and glowing skin but they simply must be doing themselves some damage.
Wendy
Wendy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:52 pm

Oh dear laughing Thieves!

straight face Yes, those people are doing themselves a lot of damage. That isn't something that people should be happily messing about with. It really annoys me!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:37 pm

Sorry - I didn't wish to offend  booboo 
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:26 pm

You didn't offend anybody Lynda! happy hug All in good fun and it was a valid question!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:46 pm

hug 
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down