All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

These Dogs Survived Some Of The Worst Things On Earth But Their Beautiful Faces Are Full Of Love Read

+2
Eleanor
Shisa
6 posters

Go down

These Dogs Survived Some Of The Worst Things On Earth But Their Beautiful Faces Are Full Of Love Read  Empty These Dogs Survived Some Of The Worst Things On Earth But Their Beautiful Faces Are Full Of Love Read

Post by Shisa Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:25 am

Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

These Dogs Survived Some Of The Worst Things On Earth But Their Beautiful Faces Are Full Of Love Read  Empty Re: These Dogs Survived Some Of The Worst Things On Earth But Their Beautiful Faces Are Full Of Love Read

Post by Eleanor Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:46 am

I recognise Bulletproof Sam, Oogy, Otto and Lucy. Such brave little dogs!

Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

These Dogs Survived Some Of The Worst Things On Earth But Their Beautiful Faces Are Full Of Love Read  Empty Re: These Dogs Survived Some Of The Worst Things On Earth But Their Beautiful Faces Are Full Of Love Read

Post by Caroline Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:02 am

The things people do to animals is heartbreaking and they still love people.
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:43 pm

Caroline wrote:The things people do to animals is heartbreaking and they still love people.

I was going to say something along the same lines myself, but you said it better Caroline.

I just wish that the people who treat dogs so badly could feel even a millionth of the love and compassion that these dogs have in their souls.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:03 am

Hmmm... that makes my heart physically ache. & I mean true pain in my chest.
I'm not sure what to say....God bless them finding loving people. love 
The allowers deserve less.... A LOT LESS!  angry 
To those that allowed it, I would suggest..... next to me, is not a good place to stand!!

I'm actually shaking my head.

Last edited by tracyp on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 am

It tears your heart apart! crying 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:11 pm

We have a problem here at the moment with dogs being stolen for bait dogs.
I am so careful, past being rational. The guys at the shop at the end of my street now have cameras to watch the front as dogs have been taken.

I don't leave my dogs unless i can see them. I often take them into the shop with me where i go. It's not legal but..a small shop owned by dog lovers.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:35 pm

In the past (30 years ago) i did leave dogs outside shops for short periods. But when we got Bandit (Stafford) we were warned that they could be stolen & I've never done it since.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:51 pm

We have many staffs in the area here. The guys in the shop said, bring them in. It's not a big problem but it does happen.

A lady here with 2 full grown staffs, 1 pup, had her fence pailings removed. The dogs bolted down the street... they took the pup.

There's no way I'll allow them to get Tyson. & If I'm not here... jess will stop them.

She has before.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:53 pm

We're extremely vigilant with Demps. He's never been left alone outside a shop and never will be.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:06 am

tracyp wrote:We have a problem here at the moment with dogs being stolen for bait dogs.
I am so careful, past being rational.

We have the same problem. Every day on Facebook someone puts out a plea for a stolen Staffy, Pitbull, Bull terrier, Boerboel, Rottweilers all the more 'aggressive' breeds.
This is why I moved out to a farm and my dogs are shut indoors while I'm at work.
Xan was getting a lot of attention from the wrong sorts in town.
Years ago he and Luna (my staffy girl) were almost stolen off my property twice. Luckily my neighbour came home early the first time and I got home early the second. After that I kept them indoors when I was out or at work.
Almost ended up in court with the SPCA over it.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:09 pm

It's scary, how many people could be out there, looking to steal somebody's pet.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:01 pm

Theresa, if I remember correctly.....
They also tried to take luna &/or Xan from your car a few yrs ago.

I had someone ram the carport roller door with a car. Bent it in. I know they were after Tyson (Jess is no good to them) & I know Jess fended them off due to her reaction when I got home. Soon as I got home, saw the roller door, went to it..... she went off like a tassie devil till she realised it was me. Then it was all... mum, mum, mum, GET IN HERE!!!

I think you found them at your car trying to get in, yelled out & chased them off?
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:08 pm

No, that was some drunk fecker that tried to pull her through the bars I had over our bakkies' cab. I knocked him down with a 10kg bag of cat litter - right upside the head. Flat on his arse.
He didn't think he was so hilarious then.

But let me digress: We go along with our lives and we don't notice who is watching us. I got a scare/wakeup call a few months ago.
I got back from dog training and quickly ran into the grocer for some supplies, then into MacDonalds for a burger and then back to our shop to give my mum her burger.
When I walked back to my car this gross druggie approaches me. I'm like giving him the evil eye and he asks me: do want to buy some MacDonalds from me?
I'm like: WTF?
He says: I saw you there, there and there. Are you following me? Do you want some MacDonalds.
I'm still: WTF?
and then, belatedly, a light bulb flashes. He's trying to sell me drugs.
He had noticed me at 3 locations that are not next to each other and I never even saw him once.
Not ONCE!
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:13 pm

Bakkies cab? What does that mean?

How did he find you at 3 spots if he wasn't following you? That would freak me out!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:26 pm

The canopy you can put on the back of a ute...
I had bars put over the sliding windows at the back so the dogs couldn't jump out if the window was open but they could still stick their noses out.

These Dogs Survived Some Of The Worst Things On Earth But Their Beautiful Faces Are Full Of Love Read  9k=

I was freaked out as well but it was pure coincidence.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:32 pm

Cheers.  happy 

So I do remember correctly? They were after your guys from your ute.
Because I have never forgotten someone trying to take them from a car & always remembered to deadlock my car if I have to leave mine for even 1 min.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:51 pm

No, the guy was just drunk and thought he was being very funny trying to pull her through the bars by her cheek.
Just remembering makes me sooooo mad!
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:53 pm

Eleanor wrote:It's scary, how many people could be out there, looking to steal somebody's pet.

I think it's apalling that someone would steel someones friend (pet) but.... I'm always watchful.... some people are less than human.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Shisa wrote:No, the guy was just drunk and thought he was being very funny trying to pull her through the bars by her cheek.
Just remembering makes me sooooo mad!

But they were in the car?  I thought it was in town it happened. So, he wasn't trying to take them, just being a dip stick!

Wouldn't want to do that to mine. I'd drop you to. Good on you!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:22 pm

Yeah, they were in the back. Also after dog training.
The bloody security guard for our shopping center was also just standing there laughing. He almost lost his job over the incident as I reported him.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:48 pm

I remember that. But I did think it was in town.

Just glad you were there. I couldn't imagine what could have happened.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:06 pm

Disgraceful on the security guard's part, as well. What an idiot!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down