All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to fix my favourite shoes (thank you, Dempsey...)

5 posters

Go down

Trying to fix my favourite shoes (thank you, Dempsey...) Empty Trying to fix my favourite shoes (thank you, Dempsey...)

Post by Eleanor Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:00 pm

I sound like such a girly-girl! laughing

About five years ago, very young puppy-Demps ruined my favourite shoes. The ones I wore to my prom. Couldn't be angry at him, but the shoes were deemed to be beyond repair pushed to the back of the cupboard, rather than thrown away. tongue

They're gorgeous shoes and I found them again today. I'm trying to fix them. With black nail polish. laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Trying to fix my favourite shoes (thank you, Dempsey...) Empty Re: Trying to fix my favourite shoes (thank you, Dempsey...)

Post by LyndaW Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:13 pm

What I said - never throw anything away!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Trying to fix my favourite shoes (thank you, Dempsey...) Empty Re: Trying to fix my favourite shoes (thank you, Dempsey...)

Post by Eleanor Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:30 pm

laughing Words of wisdom! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:11 am

Dempsey, come here my friend...we need to have a little chat! ( Murmur murmur murmur) No! Eating is done via your bowl. Sometimes hand to mouth but never foot to mouth!disapprove 

Lynda & Eleanor..... sounds as if this issue should be in file 13!  rolling on floor

But seriously,  take them to the boot maker. If you know a good one there's not much they can't repair.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:35 am

laughing You're talking to the dog who'd happily take your hand, as well as the treat you're holding, if he thought he could get away with it. When we offer him treats, we have to say, "Gently..." or he'll come straight at your hand, mouth gaping, and literally try to swallow it. tongue

laughing I'm terrible for throwing things away! I'm way too sentimental!

I don't think there are any. sad

I've not done too bad of a job, though! Cut up some of those weird foam things that girls put between their toes when they're painting them. I never use them, so they've come in handy for once! Used that to fill in the holes, as well as some black nail polish. tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:17 am

Hahahaha! So you do have a file 13!
 I love those toe spreaders. laughing  No smudging of my favorite colour.  rolling on floor 

As for Demps, hehehehe, the word "gently" has a wear mark in it here.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:09 am

I've heard of the term before, but don't think I've ever actually used it in speech! laughing

laughing I usually just use my fingers! I find the weird foam things uncomfortable. tongue But very useful for mending shoes, apparently!

rolling on floor Definitely!

The funny thing is, when mum or I say, "Gently..." he usually listens and will visibly slow down and carefully take the treat with the front of his teeth. When the men of the house say it, he just dives right in and snatches it anyway, biting fingers in the process and making a big, stereotypical, cartoon-like noise as he opens his mouth.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:22 am

Now I am laughing! Tyson takes it so gently  from me but, how many times have I heard con say... he nearly just took my finger off! rolling on floor

File 13 means... its in the bin!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:31 am

laughing I'm laughing too! That's a common phrase in our house!

Tyson and Dempsey would get alone just fine, I bet! tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:43 am

Yep! 
Unless there's a treat between them.  rolling on floor rolling on floor  rolling on floor
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:19 am

laughing I think that might be a problem!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:07 pm

I used to be the same.. kept everything. Now I chuck it if it's in the way. I can't stand clutter anymore.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:27 pm

I have to say, nothing makes me as happy as the sound of the bin lid closing. I do love to chuck stuff out.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:33 pm

Eleanor wrote: making a big, stereotypical, cartoon-like noise as he opens his mouth.

The noise is horrific! It's like your worst shark x t.rex x crocodile hungry noise! laughing 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:07 am

I think I'm starting to become like that, as well! laughing I'd forgotten what it was like to have space!

Demps does make some weird noises! tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum