All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian Shepherd 'Poisoned'

4 posters

Go down

Australian Shepherd 'Poisoned' Empty Australian Shepherd 'Poisoned'

Post by Caryll Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:03 pm

Artiscle from Dog World Newspaper 25/7/14

"THE AUSTRALIAN Shepherd Ch Allmark Indecent Proposal (Sunny) has died after allegedly being poisoned at National Working and Pastoral Breeds Society ch show.

His kennelmate also became ill afterwards and although she is improving is still unwell.

Sunny, who was three and a half years old, was owned by Robert Harlow, Neil and Angie Allan and Paul Routledge. He won the reserve dog CC at the show.

Sunny’s other major wins include winning the group at Southern Counties and group 3 at Birmingham National this year, and group 2 at Driffield last year.

In total he won 14 CCs during his short career. and was the top Australian Shepherd 2014 at the halfway point.

Valiant battle

On Sunday Mr Harlow said: "Sunny was given sleep this morning after a valiant battle all week.

"He was given some form of poison yet to be identified at National Working and Pastoral Breeds ch show while on his bench.

"His kennelmate Ch Allmark Broadway Baby has been ill as well all week; she has had full list of tests and at present is doing well.

"As you can imagine we are all devastated, and at present have no words to describe how we feel. I will update everyone as time goes on but please be vigilant with your dogs.”

It is understood that toxicology tests are to be carried out on Sunny.

The society’s show manager Mark Wakeland offered his sympathies to Sunny’s owners.

"As dog people we know how they must feel,” he said. "We had no knowledge of anything having happened until after the show. The dog was not presented to the vet at the show, and we were not aware anything of anything taking place.” "
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Australian Shepherd 'Poisoned' Empty Re: Australian Shepherd 'Poisoned'

Post by LyndaW Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:46 pm

RIP Sunny - poor boy, victim of someone jealous of his success.

I only benched my Dobes to give them a rest, but never left them alone - they didn't get much rest anyway because they hated it.

tbh, I've never liked the policy of benching dogs at championship shows. You are leaving your beloved dog at the mercy of all comers. I remember lifting a Dobe who had unbenched itself back onto its bench - yes it growled at me but it was strangling itself on its short benching chain.

LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:49 pm

No, I don't like benches either. I know why they have them, but I don't like them.

Jealousy. So many evil things come from jealousy & greed.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:26 am

"Jealousy. So many evil things come from jealousy & greed."

Very true - and very sad, especially for the poor innocent who lost his life due to it.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:02 am

That's awful! sad I hope they find out who did it!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:15 am

That is very sad. Some show people do take it way toooooo serious. There is sometimes a whole lot of craziness in competitive 'sports'.

Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down