All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog peek fence windows - what do you think?

5 posters

Go down

Would you buy this?

Dog peek fence windows - what do you think? Vote_lcap25%Dog peek fence windows - what do you think? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Dog peek fence windows - what do you think? Vote_lcap75%Dog peek fence windows - what do you think? Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
Dog peek fence windows - what do you think? Vote_lcap0%Dog peek fence windows - what do you think? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Dog peek fence windows - what do you think? Empty Dog peek fence windows - what do you think?

Post by Eleanor Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:06 pm

Sorry for the bombardment of debate threads! I love discussing stuff like this! happy

Dog peek fence windows - what do you think? Pet-peek-fence-window-for-dogs-1

The idea is to fix one of those into your fence, so that your dog can look around the outside world.

I have a few concerns with this. While I might walk past a fence and smile at a dog peering through his peek window, I'd worry that somebody else may see that as an opportunity to steal him or get a nice, long look at any theft-worthy items in the garden.

I'd say it probably also encourages owners to leave their dogs out in the garden all day, with nothing else to do, as the peek hole 'lets them stimulate their mind without play'. Although that's probably more to do with the owner than the peek hole.

Another worry would be other dogs. If a dog's head seemingly comes looming out of a fence in front of a nervous or aggressive dog, this could spark problems, particularly as the dog walker probably wouldn't be prepared for something like that.

On the whole, I find it an interesting idea, but not something I'd look to buy. tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Dog peek fence windows - what do you think? Empty Re: Dog peek fence windows - what do you think?

Post by LyndaW Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:14 pm

It's a cute idea, but No. Not least because it would drive passing dogs barmy!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Dog peek fence windows - what do you think? Empty Re: Dog peek fence windows - what do you think?

Post by Hayley Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:16 pm

I second all you say, it could potentially cause a lot of problems. Yes if they hear something and smell somthing they bark and snarl but then it goes past and it can't see it anymore. If it has this it will continue barking until the said threat is really far away - que neighbours complaining.
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:17 pm

Yeah, I'd probably have a few choice words if I had to drag Demps past it! laughing

Also, that's a good point, Hayley. Neighbours would hate you for it! tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:30 am

Eleanor wrote: I'd worry that somebody else may see that as an opportunity to steal him or get a nice, long look at any theft-worthy items in the garden.

If someone wants to see in your yard they'll look, no matter what.
I think these are awesome and might sort some fence aggression issues.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:22 pm

I think it would encourage them, tbh, but that's not why I wouldn't get one. With tall fences, Dempsey doesn't feel the need to protect anything outside, as he can only see 'his territory'. If he could see outside, that would automatically become part of what he would need to protect, so he'd be constantly sticking his head through and barking.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:41 am

It's going to suit your dog or not, depends on the dog.
On the flipside of Dempsey, you have dogs that go ballistic because they can't see what is on the opposite side of the fence. Mine do that; they jump and jump to try and see and can lead to injury. I'd rather they bark through a glass bubble than jump and bark tongue
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:25 pm

Let us know if you ever get one! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:35 am

I can never live in a town again. My lot have started up a choir.
Whenever I leave and I'm about 200m away they start howling to wake the dead. If I get back they start up when I'm at the top gate and keep going till I stop infront of the house.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:29 am

I dont like this fence bubble for numerous reasons.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:28 am

laughing Nothing wrong with a nice choir!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:52 am

Yes. It'll only bother the neighbours. I don't have any problem laughing
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:56 am

laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:03 pm

tracyp wrote:I dont like this fence bubble for numerous reasons.

Don't worry, you don't have to keep it to yourself! laughing It's a debate thread! happy It's fun!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:42 pm

Eleanor wrote:
tracyp wrote:I dont like this fence bubble for numerous reasons.

Don't worry, you don't have to keep it to yourself! laughing It's a debate thread! happy It's fun!

Ok .....
Be I there or not, I think this would arc mine up.

This is their house & while they love meeting dogs.... this is their property.
People & dogs can see my front yard & front of the house, but they bark a warning if someone stops out the front. This bubble would have them barking mad.
I wouldn't want my dogs that close to a boundary if I'm not there.
It also gives dogs/people going by the opportunity to "have a go" at the dog they can see. I know dogs can smell another dog regardless of a window but seeing it takes it to another level.

End of the day, not really relevant to me as mine have & will always be secured in the back of my property but I don't like this "bubble".
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:48 pm

That's pretty much what would worry me, in my situation.

That, and the fact that Demps is an idiot and would probably keep head butting the bubble. tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:51 pm

rolling on floor Ditto for Tyson.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:38 pm

laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down