All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halloween is over for another year.

+3
Caryll
Eleanor
tracyp
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Halloween is over for another year. - Page 2 Empty Halloween is over for another year.

Post by tracyp Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

What a lovely night! All manner of little fairies, goblins, gouls, superman,  monsters, a bride bleeding profusely,  some wierd mutations of mortica adams, some freak with blue hair? Fangs, blood, ripped clothes. I even had a princess of about 3yrs old. Little people just don't get the theory of halloween! wink

It was so lovely this yr. All little kids & not teens looking for free lollies unless they were taking the young ones around. Lots of mums waving as they loitered in my drive... rolling on floor  & 1 dad dressed to the scary 9's with his 3yr old asking for a lolly. hug

3 little girls had forgotten to bring their lolly bags so I gave them paper bags as they were so little they couldn't even hold two mini choc bars in their hand. They were very happy, now they could fill the bag up! laughing

The dogs went right off when about 10 assort gouls & a tiny spiderman turned up. Spiderman was about 2-3yrs & was screaming. I ran to the door. I didn't want him to be scared! Only to realize he was screaming in sheer delight yelling... "puppies" as he looked in the security door! rolling on floor

What a lovely evening everyone has had.

I hope your halloween is as much fun.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Halloween is over for another year. - Page 2 Empty Re: Halloween is over for another year.

Post by LyndaW Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:06 pm

I once overheard a child say to another that if there was a Halloween pumpkin on display at a house, then that meant that the occupants were receptive to being trick-or-treated.

I saw this in action this year whilst I was walking Kuchar along the streets - a near neighbour had a pumpkin in her window all lit up with the grisly smile and a group of children knocked on her door just as I passed. She opened her door with delight and I heard her say "now, let's see what we have here for you"

I think this is good idea (open to abuse of course, but at least the pumpkin-less aren't plagued).
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Halloween is over for another year. - Page 2 Empty Re: Halloween is over for another year.

Post by Eleanor Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:12 pm

Weird it's the opposite here! shocked Pumpkin means no sweets, apparently! Unless I've gotten it mixed up.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:40 pm

With all due respect Eleanor, I suspect you have mixed up! Surely displaying a lit-up pumpkin advertises that you are buying into the Halloween experience?
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:47 pm

I'd think so, but I'm just repeating what I was told! laughing I hadn't heard of either way until a few days ago!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:53 am

I loved hallowe'en when I was young. We went out in galoshins where we had to do something for a treat, sing, dance, poetry, jokes etc and only to houses we knew. I think it's become too americanised now.
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:59 am

LyndaW wrote:With all due respect Eleanor, I suspect you have mixed up!  Surely displaying a lit-up pumpkin advertises that you are buying into the Halloween experience?

Yes, Lynda, you're right! wink
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:27 pm

Galoshins???? Does that mean gumboots? happy You all do talk funny.

Our kids sing goul songs. (Or run if fear!) rolling on floor
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:34 pm

Caryll wrote:
LyndaW wrote:With all due respect Eleanor, I suspect you have mixed up!  Surely displaying a lit-up pumpkin advertises that you are buying into the Halloween experience?

It was you who told me that putting a pumpkin out meant you weren't interested in trick or treaters! confused confused
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:30 pm

Eleanor wrote:
Caryll wrote:

It was you who told me that putting a pumpkin out meant you weren't interested in trick or treaters! confused confused

Ah that might be mummy-talk! Like when we tell our children when they hear the ice-cream van chimes that it means they have run out of ice-cream laugh
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:34 pm

She told me about a week ago! rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor

Don't think she ever told me the ice cream one! tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:45 am

Oh the ice cream one is alive & well here to. rolling on floor
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:16 am

rolling on floor

Reminds me! shocked A couple of months ago, I was walking down the road on a hot day and this ice cream van started trawling along next to me, blaring his music! He'd targeted me, to get me to buy one of his ice creams! shocked After a full minute of the music giving me a cracking headache, I gave him my best scowl and told him where to go.

He's always doing it! Every time I've seen him on route, he follows me! He's not even one of the nice ice cream men! sad
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:22 am

Eleanor wrote:She told me about a week ago! rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor

! tongue

No, you're mistaken, I told you the pumpkin meant the house DID welcome trick or treaters!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:44 pm

Well now, I don't think we'll ever agree on this! laughing

You all should have heard the row we had over it yesterday! rolling on floor rolling on floor
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:56 pm

I'm right, you're wrong mistaken.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:01 pm

Now now girls laughing
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:15 pm

You're wrong; I'm right.

giggle giggle giggle She started it!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:59 pm

Eleanor wrote:rolling on floor

Reminds me! shocked A couple of months ago, I was walking down the road on a hot day and this ice cream van started trawling along next to me, blaring his music! He'd targeted me, to get me to buy one of his ice creams! shocked After a full minute of the music giving me a cracking headache, I gave him my best scowl and told him where to go.

He's always doing it! Every time I've seen him on route, he follows me! He's not even one of the nice ice cream men! sad

Eleanor - and I thought I was naïve! Ice cream sales are not on his mind when he sees you!

To illustrate - many years ago when my sister and I were young and gorgeous like you are now, we were walking down the street when an ice-cream van was driving in the opposite direction, "music" going like mad. The van passed us and then behind us my sister and I heard the most tremendous bang and crunch of metal. Looking behind us, we saw that Mr Whippy had head-butted a stationary car that was waiting patiently at the red traffic lights.

Now what do you think - was Mr Whippy watching where he was driving, or was he looking in his rear view mirrors to see if my sister and I, despite our body language, really wanted to "stop him and buy one" ?

Or ........... ?

LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:02 pm

giggle giggle giggle Eww! Pervy Mr. Whippy!

I sincerely doubt that that was what was on his mind when he was following me, though! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:22 pm

Ok Eleanor - he's desperate to sell you an ice cream. rolling eyes
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:16 pm

I think it's more likely to be that than following me for kicks! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:25 pm

LyndaW wrote:Ok Eleanor - he's desperate to sell you an ice cream.  rolling eyes

laughinglaughing
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:37 am

LyndaW wrote:
Eleanor wrote:rolling on floor

Eleanor - and I thought I was naïve!  Ice cream sales are not on his mind when he sees you!

To illustrate - many years ago when my sister and I were young and gorgeous like you are now, we were walking down the street when an ice-cream van was driving in the opposite direction, "music" going like mad.  The van passed us and then behind us my sister and I heard the most tremendous bang and crunch of metal.  Looking behind us, we saw that Mr Whippy had head-butted a stationary car that was waiting patiently at the red traffic lights.  

Now what do you think - was Mr Whippy watching where he was driving, or was he looking in his rear view mirrors to see if my sister and I, despite our body language, really wanted to "stop him and buy one" ?

Or ........... ?

That is just wrong on so many levels!

(But it is funny.) laughing
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2