All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temperament and Breed MSc Research Project - Thanks & are there Cockapoo & Poodle Owners?

4 posters

Go down

Temperament and Breed MSc Research Project - Thanks & are there Cockapoo & Poodle Owners? Empty Temperament and Breed MSc Research Project - Thanks & are there Cockapoo & Poodle Owners?

Post by labtemp Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:50 am

Thank you so much to everyone who has helped & for allowing me to post on here.  We now almost have enough participants to make the research project worthwhile.  To make it even better however, I would like a few more COCKAPOO & POODLE owners to complete (any size Poodles).  If you have one of thee breeds & could assist, I'd really appreciate it!
Thank you

Here's the details!

How Different is Your Dog?
I am an MSc Applied Animal Behaviour and Welfare student from Newcastle University conducting a research project comparing the temperament of Labradoodles and Cockapoos with their parent breeds; Labrador, English Cocker Spaniel, American Cocker Spaniel and Poodle (Standard, Miniature, Toy).  
I am using the Canine Behaviour Assessment and Research Questionnaire (C-BARQ) http://vetapps.vet.upenn.edu/cbarq/  to collect responses from owners of dogs aged 6m+ from the above breeds about their dogs’ behaviour. I would be very grateful if you could spare 10-15 minutes to complete the questionnaire and help with this project.  If you would like to assist me, please visit the link above, create a brief profile, then ‘add a dog’, making sure you select ‘dog is participating in a study’.  The name of the study is ‘Temperament Traits in NRCBD Compared to Parent Breeds’ (NRCBD = Newly recognised cross breed dogs), the code you require is 202127.
The C-BARQ is the only valid and reliable standardized assessment of canine behaviour available.  Your dog’s scores regarding their response to everyday situations and stimuli will be added to the research project database and will eventually provide an informative insight into dog behaviour.
More information and research feedback will be posted at www.crossbreedresearch.co.uk  This will give you the opportunity to learn more about temperament and dog breeds and compare your own dog against general trends.
Thank you for taking the time to read this information and please feel free to share and cross post this message.  The more responses I can get the more reliable the results.

labtemp

Back to top Go down

Temperament and Breed MSc Research Project - Thanks & are there Cockapoo & Poodle Owners? Empty Re: Temperament and Breed MSc Research Project - Thanks & are there Cockapoo & Poodle Owners?

Post by Eleanor Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:15 am

A friend of mine on my course has three poodles, I believe. I'll copy and paste your post and send it to him. Hopefully he'll be able to help! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Temperament and Breed MSc Research Project - Thanks & are there Cockapoo & Poodle Owners? Empty Re: Temperament and Breed MSc Research Project - Thanks & are there Cockapoo & Poodle Owners?

Post by labtemp Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:17 am

wow that would be amazing! thank you!!

labtemp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:19 am

No problem! happy Just sent it to him on Facebook. I'll let you know when he replies xx
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:11 pm

I only wish I could help. I sometimes see a fellow dog-walker with a cockapoo puppy who is so seriously gorgeous, fearless but friendly, obedient and willing to learn I would steal her if I could! Next time I see them I will try to get them to join your survey but can't hold out any promises.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:40 pm

Whats the aim for this though? To benefit crossbred dogs or pure bred dogs? Does it aim to proove crossbred is better hence more getting bred/price goes up?
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:17 pm

Sorry for the delay! I just heard back from my friend about the survey; he'd forgotten to let me know, but he's filled it out! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down