All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crufts Working group today - can see the improvements!

3 posters

Go down

Crufts Working group today - can see the improvements! Empty Crufts Working group today - can see the improvements!

Post by Eleanor Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:49 pm

I defy anybody watching Crufts right now to say that there has been no improvement in pedigree dogs! laughing

Seriously, these dogs are gorgeous! A group full of very large, bulky dogs, but you can really see the improvement from the last few years - the mastiffs are compact, with no hugely exaggerated folds of skin and muzzles of reasonable lengths, considering (especially the Bull Mastiff). Bearing in mind that, a few years ago, many of the breeds in this category were big mounds of sagging skin and weeping eyes, I think this is a huge step in the right direction.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Crufts Working group today - can see the improvements! Empty Re: Crufts Working group today - can see the improvements!

Post by Eleanor Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:58 pm

Discussion right now about health problems in the Lancashire Healer, in regards to eye problems, and how they've gone about predicting and rectifying them. Very interesting!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Crufts Working group today - can see the improvements! Empty Re: Crufts Working group today - can see the improvements!

Post by Lorraine Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:32 am

I agree - but still a way to go.

Channel 4 commentary is driving me up the wall though! Too many statements being made as fact by well-meaning amateurs - but wrong!!!!
Lorraine
Lorraine

Names of Dogs : Morgan, Tristan, Uther

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:31 am

Definitely still a long way to go, yes.

I didn't listen to the commentary much laughing It doesn't surprise me, though!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:53 am

As long as they're moving in the right direction then slow is good. Better slow than ruining a breed by trying to go too fast & introducing unwanted characteristics.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:57 am

Very true.
Lorraine
Lorraine

Names of Dogs : Morgan, Tristan, Uther

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:09 am

These things take time. A hundred years of poor breeding can't be undone in a couple of years.

Yes, the KC should have acted sooner & of their own accord, but at least something is happening now.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum