All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have gotten our local law changed! YEAH!

5 posters

Go down

I have gotten our local law changed! YEAH! Empty I have gotten our local law changed! YEAH!

Post by tracyp Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:12 pm

Speaking to an english lady (Jo. Many of you will know her) about "Harveys law" trying to be inforced there...

After some calls i found my districts local law was as it is in England. Deceased animals in public places are just removed by council & distroyed. There is no scanning for chips or notification for the owner.

I was not happy with this...if something happened to mine I would want to know, even the worst outcome is better than never knowing.

I made numerous more calls. A month ago I 1st spoke to our councilor (Gary)...nice bloke but he is a polly.  covering eyes  I think he is sick of me now (I say, hi Gary, it's Tracy. He says, whats up? rolling on floor ) but!......

I finally got him to go to council & get scanners issued to both of our animal recovery vehicles last tuesday. The law will change next fin yr & any deceased animal will now be scanned & (providing chip details are up to date) the owner WILL be notified. party

We did it!!!
Am I proud of myself?   YEP! thumbs up
I never thought I'd actually achieve it & to do it within 2 mths. hug

I rang our paper... a polly that both keeps his word & acts?...... our community needs to know what a good man he is.
Bridget (the reporter) is running the story in one of the next 2 weekly issues. She wanted a pic of me & the dogs but I don't want to be in the paper so I gave her this.....
I have gotten our local law changed! YEAH! 20150313_155912

So come on England... pull your finger out & get it passed! If one little Aussie can change a local law, surely you can to. thumbs up
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

I have gotten our local law changed! YEAH! Empty Re: I have gotten our local law changed! YEAH!

Post by LyndaW Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:14 pm

WELL DONE TRACY!!!!!!!!!! :

I am SO proud of you good job good job good job
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

I have gotten our local law changed! YEAH! Empty Re: I have gotten our local law changed! YEAH!

Post by tracyp Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:24 pm

Thanks Lynda. hug  I am actually pretty proud of myself right now & am shameless about it. I've never done anything like this before.

I did it!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:33 pm

I think you've been absolutely brilliant.

I swore I'd do something similar after Kuchar went walkabout a few weeks ago, but a family difficulty cropped up which has taken up all my time and energy. You have re-awakened my determination.

LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:50 pm

Go do it Lynda! I never thought it, but one person can make a difference. I am running on an adrenaline high knowing I achieved this.

No = another call. Just ring, talk, ring, talk, ring, ring, ring!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:49 pm

tracyp wrote:I am running on an adrenaline high knowing I achieved this.

I'm sure you are! And you deserve to feel very, very proud of yourself for your achievement.

LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:06 am

Well done! You deserve to feel proud of yourself - a great achievement in such a short time.
Lorraine
Lorraine

Names of Dogs : Morgan, Tristan, Uther

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:56 am

Well done, what an achievement! Just goes to show that public pressure can work! thumbs up
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:28 pm

Thanks ladies. love  Now go make a call..... it really can happen! hug
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:56 am

That is awesome! Well done!!
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down