All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sad weekend but happy ending

3 posters

Go down

sad weekend but happy ending  Empty sad weekend but happy ending

Post by Mummy&Abby Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:33 am

not sure this is the right place to post...
It has been a crazy and emotional few days. Sunday morning (Australia) I was getting ready to take Abby on her morning walk while my mother looked after snowy and Kellie (my daughter). I  had just let Abby outside while I went to the car port to get her lead collar and other things for her walk when the phone rang I rushed inside thinking that abby would follow me. I was half way though telling my mum something when I heard Abby barking (she had not come inside) I then heard welping. I ran out the back to find two large dogs had her pined on the ground. I quickly sprayed them with the hose and I'm very lucky then ran off. When I got to Abby she was covered with blood but seemed ok. Until I found the puncture under her chin. I rushed her to the vet 25 minutes from my house. When I got there I opened the back of my car to see Abby laying there not moving and her breathing was very shallow I thought I was going to lose her. I broke down crying thankfully a lovely man seen me and offered to carry Abby inside. the vet took her into the emergency part of the vet and I had to wait in the waiting room. finally the vet can out and told me that Abby had gone into shock but would be fine. They had to keep her over night but would call me the next day when she was ready to be picked up. I didn't sleep at all the night, at 9am the next morning I got the call that my baby girl was really to come home. most of her wounds only needed a few stiches and with heal fine. she has 5 stitches in her back leg, 4 in her ear, 7 in her chest, the worst one is in her bottom jaw the bite went right through and almost into her tongue and will take longer to heal. She has to take pain killer and antibiotics for 2 weeks. I still have no idea how the two dogs got into my yard I have a 6ft high fence and all my gates were shut and locked. I have even made sure none of the palings are lose.
Abby, snowy and my daughter will now be under strict supervision when out side and I have even made a notice for the local paper to warn others about the two dogs. I am glad my daughter was not home to witness that or maybe even been attracted her self. I have the a look around for these dogs but so far no luck. dogs like these two need to be kept in there own yard I would hate to hear they have attracted another dog or even a child
Mummy&Abby
Mummy&Abby

Names of Dogs : Abby & Bella

Back to top Go down

sad weekend but happy ending  Empty Re: sad weekend but happy ending

Post by Eleanor Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:42 am

Oh my God! shocked Poor thing!

That must have been terrifying for you! By the sound of it, you reacted very well! Did you see what breeds the dogs were? Definitely go all out to report this!

How's Abby doing now? sad Do the police know about it?

If you need to talk/vent, go right ahead. hug
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mummy&Abby Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:52 am

I didn't really get a good look at the dogs just they where large breed I believe both non desexed males (abby is desexed) I have rang and gone and seen the local council but they said without a better description there is not much they can do police said the same but they are going to put out a warning to people in my area. the news paper was a great people they did at front page story about it. including the description of the two dogs.
Abby is doing fine she gets her drain out today and she wont have to wear a bucket anymore so she will be able to move around more .
Mummy&Abby
Mummy&Abby

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:56 am

Hopefully the warning and newspaper article will help! Maybe somebody nearby will have seen the dogs at some point.

I'm glad she's alright! Poor girl. Luckily, dogs seem to heal quite quickly!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:31 am

Poor Abby, you must have been terrified!

I'm so glad that her wounds are healing. Let's hope that people will be aware that those dogs are around & it won't happen to someone else.

Lots of gentle hugs & kisses to Abby.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Mummy&Abby Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:27 am

been to the vet this morning to have her drain this morning and all is healing great
Mummy&Abby
Mummy&Abby

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:33 am

That's great! So glad she's recovering! happy Big hug for Abby!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:28 am

That's good. Is she alright in herself? It hasn't frightened her too much, has it?
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down