All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

thoughts?

4 posters

Go down

thoughts? Empty thoughts?

Post by ella Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:22 am

ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

thoughts? Empty Re: thoughts?

Post by Eleanor Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:34 am

I saw that earlier! shocked Disgraceful! I wouldn't be happy with sending my child to school with a teacher who is willing to harm students and freely break the law.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:02 am

I did giggle but yes its a total overstep. Teachers do have a lot to put up with i know, i was always ignoring them and chatting in class. Our teachers always lost the plot, threw books at us, took personal items and destroyed them (one took my personal journal and ripped it up in front of me and threw it in the bin) and one threw a student down the stairs. We still didn't listen to them, and didn't learn anything. Which is what makes me believe that caning etc would never work in schools again. The only teacher i ever tried for (and coincidently got the highest marks for) was my english teacher/chior master. She was a really lovely lady who actually cared about us and could have a laugh but we all still respected her and did well for her cause we wanted her to be proud of us. Loved that lady!
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:24 am

I think it's disgraceful! talk about going back to the dark ages! shocked 

Yes, when I was at school some teachers threw blackboard rubbers at us, grabbed students by the ear or humiliated them in front of the whole class, but things have changed! You can't treat children like that and expect them to learn properly and have respect for their teachers and adults in general!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:37 pm

If a teacher can't control the class without resorting to physical punishment, perhaps they shouldn't be a teacher. From what I've seen, the strict but fair teachers get the best results. One of my A-Level English teachers, who was also the head of the 6th Form, was a beast when it came to discipline. She was also a really good teacher who could joke around with her students, though.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:27 pm

Maybe its an articulation thing? English teachers tend to be very articulate, maths ones seem to only be able to intimidate you when you dont understand it and they are unable to tell you how to understand..?
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:30 pm

There was another English 6th Form teacher who was a right cow. tongue One of these so-called 'feminists' who incorrectly thinks that feminism means that women are better than men, rather than equal. If somebody dared to say otherwise, they'd get a detention for being rude! laughing

Most of my maths teachers were either boring as hell or just didn't know what they were doing. Didn't help that the class I was in was literally the worst one in the school - we were put onto class report on an average of three times per week. But yeah, most of the maths teachers were about as intimidating as cotton candy.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down