All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rescue asking for donations of bakers

+4
Caryll
Eleanor
Dave
Hayley
8 posters

Go down

Rescue asking for donations of bakers Empty Rescue asking for donations of bakers

Post by Hayley Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:17 pm

A local rescue has an amazon wishlist. Its full of bakers! I have mentioned it before, and got swiftly banned and removed. I would like to think that a rescue would know what bakers does to dogs and how unadoptable it would make them. Frankly this rescue is so hard to get an animal out of anyway that i'm sure the owners are animal hoarders using it as a money maker!
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Rescue asking for donations of bakers Empty Re: Rescue asking for donations of bakers

Post by Dave Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:25 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

Rescue asking for donations of bakers Empty Re: Rescue asking for donations of bakers

Post by Eleanor Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:27 pm

It's sad, really! sad I know they need to ask for cheaper foods, as these are easier to feed, but they should at least be looking at a food brand that doesn't threaten dogs with cancer!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:42 pm

Dave wrote:aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

x 2!!! angry 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:12 am

x 3!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:59 pm

sad I've noticed an advert on tv has bakers and a rescue charity linked as well. I know what you mean about the adoption rules Hayley. I looked into recuing a couple of years ago and some places make it almost impossible.
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:01 pm

I do understand why they want to associate themselves with brands such as Bakers; they're well-known. My worry is for the dogs who aren't adopted quickly and are kept on Bakers for possibly years of their lives.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:52 pm

Pedigree also uses that rescue advert of the bad dog.
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:04 pm

I've seen that one. Not anywhere near as bad as Bakers, fortunately, but still not a good food, in my opinion.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Surely somebody in the rescue has more sense? Or at least reads up on things!
Wendy
Wendy

Names of Dogs : Buster and Gus

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:16 pm

I've got to admit that I still tear myself up about Bakers.

I swore by it for my Dobermanns and in fact I thought it was a superior food - in those days there wasn't so much choice as nowadays and tbh in the absence of the internet so very little information. From what I learned about Pedigree (the tinned stuff at least, I'm not sure if they produced a kibble in those days) it was too rich and just poured through a dog.

My dobes were lean, fit and healthy on Bakers and their coats shone like glass. When I looked after my in-laws mongrel for 2 weeks whilst they were on holiday I fed her Bakers, and she improved in so many ways (she was fed some tinned stuff before).

My dobes died at 10 and 11 years of age, both from bone cancer and now I feel guilty.

To my shame, I tried to feed Kuchar Bakers (still thinking it was great stuff), until he refused to eat it and I learned from dog forums the error of my ways.

LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:23 pm

Well, when Dempsey was a pup we actually bought a box of Bakers! I didn't have a clue about it, but assumed that it was good cause the adverts said so! blush 

Dempsey didn't like it much, but after 2 days I stopped giving it to him anyway because he became so hyperactive that we literally couldn't control him.

Think Road Runner on speed......
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:28 pm

Don't beat yourselves up folks. When my old JRT was alive he was fed on Pedigree Chum (tinned). Stupidly - I thought it must be good food purely because of the name.
Wendy
Wendy

Names of Dogs : Buster and Gus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:17 pm

I have to say i have never fed it and thats cause i've worked in kennels from 15 and knew (so before i had lexi) and my dad always fed the cheapest stuff he could (aka food scraps and a can of dog food from the local petrol shop)

This particular charity, while i have and still continue to support them despite our past, seem to focus a lot on public reaction, and i think they think bakers will make the public think they are tryin to feed the best food.
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:46 pm

Hayley wrote:
This particular charity, while i have and still continue to support them despite our past, seem to focus a lot on public reaction, and i think they think bakers will make the public think they are tryin to feed the best food.

covering eyes 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Sat May 31, 2014 9:13 pm

Oh god that's bad! How can they feed that stuff???!!! sad
Amber
Amber

Names of Dogs : Poppy and Millie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down