All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog survives after eating entire jar of coffee - vets warned that she would die of a heart attack in the night

Go down

Dog survives after eating entire jar of coffee - vets warned that she would die of a heart attack in the night Empty Dog survives after eating entire jar of coffee - vets warned that she would die of a heart attack in the night

Post by Eleanor Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:21 pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/beloved-dog-ate-entire-jar-of-coffee-and-didnt-sleep-for-three-nights/story-fni0fit3-1226855942434

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/beloved-dog-ate-entire-jar-of-coffee-and-didnt-sleep-for-three-nights/story-fni0fit3-1226855942434 wrote:MOLLY is our beloved chocolate labrador - but maybe we should call her Mocha after she scoffed an entire jar of coffee and didn’t sleep for three nights.

The vet was certain she would die of a heart attack, but she pulled through.

I don’t know how she managed to knock the glass jar off the bench and open it but I came home and she was lying on the floor with the jar between her paws, licking the jar for the last bit of instant coffee.

Her heart was leaping out of her chest. I took her to the vet who said she’ll have a heart attack and won’t last the night.

I was bawling, but I thought if she’s going to die I want her to be home with me.

She kept me up for three nights. She was this wide-eyed, crazy dog chasing imaginary possums around the house, tearing up the hallway at 3am and bashing into walls.

But after three days Molly just collapsed and slept.

That was Molly’s craziest escapade from a long list of naughty deeds.

One time Molly dived into the lollipop lady’s bag and pulled out a huge bag of Maltesers and swallowed the entire bag in one gulp - she didn’t even break it open.

Then five minutes later, we were walking past the milkbar and a man had bought a hamburger and was about to take his first bite. Molly leapt up and snatched the hamburger.

So I had to give him $15 to replace the hamburger.

Luckily, he was a lab owner so he thought it was funny. Then Molly scoffed half the Easter eggs that the Easter Bunny had hidden.

Luckily the girls thought it was hysterical that the Easter Bunny got hungry and left slobbery wrappers strewn around the backyard.

Once I found her lying on the white line in the middle of a busy road during peak hour licking a squashed hamburger off the road with cars going past on either side. I stopped traffic to get her off the road and she was not happy.

Molly escaped when builders were renovating. Both times we found her at the local kindergarten with her head through the bars and the kids feeding her sandwiches. So now if she’s not at home, we just go straight to kinder.

Over the years she has also eaten four mobile phones.

All that said, Molly was diagnosed with cancer two years ago and went through five months of chemotherapy before being given the all-clear.

Despite her naughtiness, we would do it all again.

shocked Wow! Glad the poor thing's okay.

I hope they get some extra dog-security around their house! I know Labradors are often greedy and sneaky, but you'd think they'd have at least put locks on cupboards and installed baby gates after the first escape attempt and food binge!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down