All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dogs in cars more distracting than talking on the phone

3 posters

Go down

Dogs in cars more distracting than talking on the phone Empty Dogs in cars more distracting than talking on the phone

Post by Eleanor Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:50 pm

http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2014/03/28/dogs-driving-distracted-aaa/7028653/

I only have a problem when the dog is allowed to wander around the car while their owner is driving or if the dog is up on the dashboard. Preferably, I think a dog should be contained on the back seat, foot well or in the boot.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Dogs in cars more distracting than talking on the phone Empty Re: Dogs in cars more distracting than talking on the phone

Post by LyndaW Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:08 pm

I don't know about more distracting, but certainly can be distracting, depending on the dog.

Safest thing is to have the dog properly constrained; something I need personally to take in hand when I'm driving again.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Dogs in cars more distracting than talking on the phone Empty Re: Dogs in cars more distracting than talking on the phone

Post by Eleanor Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:14 pm

I definitely think it's a health risk, although a lot of that will be because of the health and safety lectures drilled into my head from the course I did. laughing

If I go in the car (I don't drive), Dempsey sits in the back with me. He'll usually press his nose up against the window and leave spit kisses on the glass.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:19 pm

Oh how the car's owner must value Dempsey's spit kisses!  laughing 

LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:26 pm

Dad doesn't seem to mind too much. tongue Unfortunately, there's also mud, dog hair, spit and other suspicious stains on Dempsey's side of the back seat.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:35 pm

Joys of owning a dog! (Kuchar's suspicious stains have been taken care of!  wink )
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:43 pm

laughing Dempsey's get scrubbed down with upholstery cleaner every so often.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:28 pm

And you clean the windows as well I'm sure. Good on yer.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:34 pm

We do indeed! tongue And vacuum everything!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:57 pm

Eleanor wrote: He'll usually press his nose up against the window and leave spit kisses on the glass.

That's doggie nose art!! wink 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:05 pm

laughing Maybe we should sell it and make a fortune!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down