All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bus driver praised for helping attacked guide dog on bus

2 posters

Go down

Bus driver praised for helping attacked guide dog on bus Empty Bus driver praised for helping attacked guide dog on bus

Post by Eleanor Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:32 pm

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/huddersfield-bus-driver-praised-saving-6693100

Feel sorry for the man and his dog! Thankfully the guide dog hasn't suffered any psychological damage.

I definitely agree that the driver should be applauded for separating the dogs, but should there really have been two dogs on the bus? There's no law about it (though I feel that there should be), so it's not his fault, but still...

I'm a little annoyed that the headline labelled the attacking dog as a 'vicious bull terrier'. It was a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. The owner of the staffy is a complete idiot! If his dog was dog aggressive, why the hell did he get on the bus, knowing full well that there was another dog - a guide dog - on there? Irresponsible, inconsiderate man.

Personally, if I want to get on a bus with Dempsey (bull terrier) and there's a guide dog on there, I'll wait for the next one. No, I don't think he'd try to hurt the dog, but it isn't worth the risk - buses are cramped and can be distressing for dogs, so why put two of them into a high-stress situation like that? It also wouldn't be fair on the owner of the guide dog, who might get nervous.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Bus driver praised for helping attacked guide dog on bus Empty Re: Bus driver praised for helping attacked guide dog on bus

Post by Caryll Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:10 pm

Well done to the driver!

Round here there's a Bus Company rule that only one dog is carried on a bus at a time. Inconvenient, maybe, but it works - there have been no problems with dogs on buses here for a few years now.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Bus driver praised for helping attacked guide dog on bus Empty Re: Bus driver praised for helping attacked guide dog on bus

Post by Eleanor Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:32 pm

Yes, it's inconvenient, but it's also safer. The last thing you want is a fight on a crowded bus. Also, a lot of people are terrified of dogs. Outside, they can easily avoid them. On a bus, with cramped and claustrophobic conditions, they can't.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down