All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How often do you change your dog's water and clean out the bowl?

+5
Wendy
ella
Shisa
Caryll
Eleanor
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How often do you change your dog's water and clean out the bowl? Empty How often do you change your dog's water and clean out the bowl?

Post by Eleanor Thu May 01, 2014 12:26 pm

Just curious to know, as I don't think I've ever asked anybody before! laughing Dempsey's water is changed at least once per day regardless of how it looks, as well as throughout the day if it starts to get a bit mucky or spitty. I wash the bowl whenever I change the water.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

How often do you change your dog's water and clean out the bowl? Empty Re: How often do you change your dog's water and clean out the bowl?

Post by Caryll Thu May 01, 2014 12:30 pm

Actually, his water's changed at least morning & evening. But if it's dirty during the day, or seems a bit low I change it again.

The bowls is washed regularly. The strangest thing is that I wash it, rinse it & then dry it - inside as well as outside - before I fill it up again!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

How often do you change your dog's water and clean out the bowl? Empty Re: How often do you change your dog's water and clean out the bowl?

Post by Eleanor Thu May 01, 2014 12:33 pm

I was talking about how many times I change it laughing Lucky dog - gets a constant supply of gunk-less water!

laughing I dry the outside, but the inside? Strange person!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Thu May 01, 2014 12:54 pm

I have to fill my lots bowl 2-3 times daily but wash it every second or so day unless it gets some muck in.

I don't dry the inside though  laughing 
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu May 01, 2014 1:08 pm

I don't think it's as imperative that you wash it every day, like you would with a food bowl. I wouldn't want to abandon cleaning completely though laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Thu May 01, 2014 4:58 pm

Meh, what can I say - I'm weird!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu May 01, 2014 5:02 pm

Runs in the family! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Thu May 01, 2014 5:26 pm

honestly every other day unless something is dropped in it or it's really mucky BUT their bowl is a flexi builders tub which is about 25 litres

as modeled by Radley
How often do you change your dog's water and clean out the bowl? 555076_10152737430540611_1181569994_n
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Thu May 01, 2014 5:28 pm

Well, that'll certainly hold enough!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu May 01, 2014 5:29 pm

Love Radley love

I suppose a lot of it depends on how dirty it gets and whether or not it's still fresh.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Thu May 01, 2014 5:32 pm

exactly!

Chance tends to be a dog who likes to stick his whole head under the water for a drink more so in summer to cool him off, so it gets changed more often then to keep it fresh happy
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu May 01, 2014 6:57 pm

Dempsey's a pain when it comes to water - he can't bear it touching his nose. Very difficult, considering he's a Bull Terrier and his nose protrudes past his mouth! laughing He rests his nose on the side of the bowl and uses his mouth to scoop up water with little flicks of his head!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Thu May 01, 2014 7:06 pm

Haha they are all just odd in their own ways!!!
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu May 01, 2014 7:09 pm

Yes, although he's the only dog I've met who doesn't just lap up water with his tongue! laughing They all have their strange little quirks!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy Thu May 01, 2014 7:59 pm

I wash the water bowl at the same time I wash the food bowls - around 5 pm. I usually only need to fill it once per day as it's quite deep.
Wendy
Wendy

Names of Dogs : Buster and Gus

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu May 01, 2014 8:11 pm

I've seen some water bowls stained green from scum!  sick Not sure how that could count as providing fresh, clean water!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Thu May 01, 2014 8:18 pm

My water bowl washing routine (not the drying, just the washing) came about because of a boyfriend's Labrador. The poor dog's water bowl was just topped up day after day after day - never emptied or washed up. I picked it up once to wash it when I was doing the washing up, only to be told "it doesn't need washing, it's only had water in it". It was slimy all around the outside & there were bits of filth floating in the water. But when I actually picked it up, the bottom was not only slimy, but green! I washed it anyway!

This is the same dog, by the way, that made me swear that no dog of mine will ever be allowed to be food aggressive! This boy was huge, and really evil when it came to food!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Thu May 01, 2014 8:18 pm

shocked now that is bad!
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Thu May 01, 2014 8:21 pm

shocked

I fill their water bowl maybe 2 - 3 times a day. It's in the kitchen so I'm usually checking it and filling it if it looks low whenever I'm in there and wash it every couple of days normally.
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Thu May 01, 2014 8:24 pm

Kuchar's water is changed 2 or 3 times a day, and the bowl is washed sometimes!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu May 01, 2014 8:29 pm

Looks like people here have pretty much the same opinions about it! tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Thu May 01, 2014 8:30 pm

thumbs up 

All except wacky, looney me drying the damn thing up before I put water back in!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu May 01, 2014 8:31 pm

every day and topped up / changes as required
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Thu May 01, 2014 8:33 pm

But do you dry the inside before you refill it? clown 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu May 01, 2014 8:47 pm

laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next