All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P

+5
LyndaW
Amber
Caroline
ella
Eleanor
9 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P - Page 4 Empty Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P

Post by Eleanor Sun May 25, 2014 5:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Probably only a small one, like a PLC. It's only a little thought buzzing around my head at the moment, as I don't think mum is too keen on the idea! laughing

What ever happens, it definitely won't be for a good while yet. One extra species is good enough for me and I want to focus on my stick insects. happy

Last edited by Eleanor on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P - Page 4 Empty Re: Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P

Post by Caryll Sat May 31, 2014 7:00 am

If they do a home check, I'd get Demps out of the way for the visit! I don't they'd appreciate his own very original way of welcoming people....."Grrrrrrrrrrrr, woof, woof, woof, grrrrrrrrrrrrr!" blush 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P - Page 4 Empty Re: Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P

Post by Eleanor Sat May 31, 2014 9:01 am

That sounds fair enough! I've looked at the application form - it's definitely thorough! laughing It's a good thing though, as I'd want to know I'd be getting a hedgie from the right people.

Where is the rescue though?  confused I've looked left, right and centre on their website and can't find any addresses!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Sat May 31, 2014 4:12 pm

There are a couple and the one we went to was in Mansfield happy
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat May 31, 2014 4:50 pm

The only thing their website says is that they have centres around the UK, but I think I'll have to phone/email to ask for the closest centre! tongue

I'm already planning the enclosure! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Sat May 31, 2014 6:21 pm

Yeah definitely ring and ask happy
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat May 31, 2014 7:03 pm

I've typed up a to-do list for it, so that I can remember everything! happy

Got an idea for how I want the enclosure to look and have already added up some of the costs for supplies. I'm getting way too ahead of myself! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Sat May 31, 2014 7:36 pm

At least working with them before you'll have an idea on what you need and on their diet which always helps happy
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat May 31, 2014 7:38 pm

Thankfully, yes! laughing I'd be lost otherwise!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Sat May 31, 2014 7:41 pm

I also run way ahead of myself with these things. It's so exciting and you do want to have things ready so they settle quickly and don't get mucked about.

Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat May 31, 2014 8:27 pm

Exactly! happy I really am excited! My stickies were the first pets I had for myself, but they take very little looking after and don't really bond with you. They still mean the world to me, of course! love
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:32 pm

Chosen one of the foods I'm going to give! happy James Wellbeloved Turkey Light. Still choosing between a couple of others for a second brand.

Still scowling about the supposed 'hedgehog specific' foods though. I wouldn't feed that muck to a worm! It's disgraceful! Piled up with fillers, little to no real meat content, low protein content... I don't think so.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:19 pm

Oooooh are you going to call it sonic lol
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:22 pm

Ooohhhhh.... we could have a naming competition
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:49 pm

God no, not Sonic! laughing Everywhere I look, somebody has a hedgie called Sonic!

I'm definitely open to suggestions though! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:15 pm

You'll have to start a whole topic for that when you get him/her
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:56 pm

You can count on it! laughing Although I've gotten quite fond of the name 'Piggie'!

I'm leaning towards a male! love Not too fussed about colour or pattern. I love the look of silver charcoals and platinum! When it comes down to it though, colour really isn't important.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:14 pm

You can train Piggie to scent his grubs.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:20 pm

Snuffles (a name for a hedgie)
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:34 pm

That's exactly what I'll do! laughing Well, sort of. I'm a big fan of allowing animals to perform (practical) natural behaviour, so I'll scatter feed to an extent. Makes it far more interesting and will allow him to perform natural rooting around and snuffling to find his food.

shocked Lynda, I think you've won already! I love that name!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:55 pm

Glad to have been of service ma'am!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:19 pm

hug It's the perfect name!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:28 pm

Eleanor said to me earlier "Now I don't know which name to choose - Piggie or Snuffles"

I said straight away "Snuffles!" I think it's really cute!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:29 pm

I think straight after I said them both out loud, I knew which one it was! laughing There's just no contest! Snuffles is the sweetest name! love
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:50 pm

And Snuffles has already got a scale plan of a three storey residence, with plans for toys, wheels and wall to wall carpeting. Well, not carpet exactly, but you get my drift!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:59 pm

laughing If I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it right!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next