All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The damage of the dog whisperer!

4 posters

Go down

The damage of the dog whisperer! Empty The damage of the dog whisperer!

Post by Caryll Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:33 pm

Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

The damage of the dog whisperer! Empty Re: The damage of the dog whisperer!

Post by LyndaW Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:36 pm

I've read it. I hate him.

LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:23 am

Good article.
I don't like Cesar but I do like that he has brought to light the need to understand your dogs behaviour and to train your dog. I think he's done good in that but not in all his training methods.
I also don't believe in all the treat/feed your dog like a wolf theories. Dogs are between 14000-30000 years removed from their common ancestor. If we believe that we should all be modeling our diets according to Chimps and I'm not fond of termites.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Dogs are between 14000-30000 years removed from their common ancestor. If we believe that we should all be modeling our diets according to Chimps and I'm not fond of termites.

THANK YOU! Common ancestor! How many times have I heard people saying that a dog is directly descended from a wolf and, therefore, must be treated like one?! laughing

I daresay Millan means well with his methods and has a love of dogs. As a person, I don't know him and can't say whether or not I would like him. I can only judge him from what I see of him in the public eye - his training. So no, I don't like what I've seen of him.

Naughty of the article's author to use that photo, as it was taken out of context. The rest of the article was very good though! I agree with it completely. I'm glad the author brought up the topic of wolf behaviour, where Millan actually uses inaccurate wolf behaviour to apply to dogs.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down