All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog helping to save Scotland's red squirrels!

5 posters

Go down

Dog helping to save Scotland's red squirrels! Empty Dog helping to save Scotland's red squirrels!

Post by Eleanor Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:45 pm

Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Dog helping to save Scotland's red squirrels! Empty Re: Dog helping to save Scotland's red squirrels!

Post by Caryll Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:01 pm

Clever!

Shame the greys have to be pts though.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Dog helping to save Scotland's red squirrels! Empty Re: Dog helping to save Scotland's red squirrels!

Post by Eleanor Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:14 pm

It is a shame. sad A bigger shame that human interference is responsible for all of the trouble with red vs. grey squirrels!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:31 pm

True!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:47 pm

I don't like to see an animal being destroyed any more than anyone else, but our native red squirrels are worth trying to save.

I've never ever seen a red squirrel, although I must have seen 60 million grey squirrels (ok that's an exaggeration, but you get my drift).

As a child in '50s, there was a reward of 5 shillings (25p today) if you took a grey squirrel's tail to a police station. 5 shillings was an untold fortune to a child then (10 x times my weekly pocket money) so the search was on for dead grey squirrels, but I never found one!

Curse those misguided Victorians who introduced them to this country.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:56 pm

I've seen one red squirrel in this country, years ago, on a school trip to private land. Beautiful little thing!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:37 am

Humans have messed up so much of the world.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:46 am

Clever doggy happy
Poor grey squirrels though sad
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:14 am

Without humans, half of the world's problems would probably never have happened. I suppose the good part of the human population helps to balance it out though.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:26 am

LyndaW wrote:
As a child in '50s, there was a reward of 5 shillings (25p today) if you took a grey squirrel's tail to a police station.  5 shillings was an untold fortune to a child then (10 x times my weekly pocket money) so the search was on for dead grey squirrels, but I never found one!  

I do vaguely remember that, but even if I'd found a dead squirrel, I wouldn't have had the stomach to cut its tail off! sad 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down