All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad news

+5
Caryll
Eleanor
Chiara
tracyp
Hayley
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bad news Empty Bad news

Post by Hayley Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:54 pm

Have been a little afraid to post this cause frankly i'm embarrassed that it happened yet again. Lexi got out. She bent two metal poles right up and pushed through. I honestly don't even know how cause they are solid metal...its ridiculous. I don't know what i can do about it.

Anyway, this time she wasn't so lucky and was hit by a car. They drove on, as most wankers do, but a lovely lady stopped and got the traffic stopped while i picked her up. Rush to the vets but i already knew that she had a dislocated hip and some road rash. Vets did all the xrays and that and thats thankfully all it was, but she also bit through her tongue so had stitches.

She is still at the vets now, shes on high pain relief and won't eat anything (but then she wouldn't really eat away from home, so i told them to try some hand feeding cause that usually works) but is drinking well. I'm due to call again now, so will update if shes staying another night or not. I've told dad that she is not going to be staying outside anymore, he can like it or he can kick me out!
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Bad news Empty Re: Bad news

Post by Hayley Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:01 pm

Staying in another night, cause she won't eat. I told them she will eat at home and would be better in her own environment. But shes doing well otherwise and is bright enough. They are a little worried about fluid on the lungs though, and can't be sure if it was there before or after the accident. Shes not been coughing or snuffly at home so might just have been the drip or shock or something.
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:26 pm

hug

Can you go & hand feed her? Will your vet allow that? She will be more likely to eat if its her mum feeding her than a stranger.... but if shes drinking, thats a great thing!

I am so sorry to hear this Hayley. hug

Hugs from us to Lexi. hug hug hug

I'll be waiting to see how she goes & get an update asap.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:21 pm

If shes still not eating tomorrow i will ask if i can try, shes a fussy eater away from home anyway. I just hope she can come home tomorrow cause its already a bill thats over the amount of money i have in my bank account lol i hope there is a payment plan straight face
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiara Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:45 pm

Aww sorry to hear that. Hugs from Lily and Lola hug
Chiara
Chiara

Names of Dogs : Lily, Lola

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:06 pm

hug Oh, poor thing! I really hope she makes a quick recovery!

Please don't blame yourself, hun! I know it's difficult to see, but Lexi does sound like a bit of an escape artist and these things, sadly, do happen. You weren't to know! hug hug hug hug How are you doing?
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:13 pm

Oh, Hayley, you must be so worried!

Have a chat with the vets & ask them if there's a payment plan. I'm sure they'll help out. It's Lexi's health that's important, the money can be sorted out later.

I wouldn't worry too much about her not eating at the moment, if she's drinking that's good. Ask if you can tempt her yourself.

Sending loads of prayers & hugs to you & Lexi & let us know how she gets on. hug
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:27 pm

Oh poor poor Lexi - and poor you too Hayley.

Don't beat yourself up about her getting out - Kuchar has done this too by bending a metal gate so he could squeeze through!

I wouldn't worry too much about her not eating tonight - she's had an awful shock, is in pain and if her tongue was bitten/sutured that will be sore too. I'm not sure that I would feel like eating if I had been knocked down by a car!

Get over your own shock this evening hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:31 pm

Sending loads of hugs to you and Lexi from me and the boys, hope she's doing better tomorrow xxxx
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:07 pm

I'm ok today. Yesterday I was so busy and then I had a night shift so didn't get time to process. As soon as day staff left and a few people went to bed I burst into tears and couldn't stop lol I just had to get on with work with a snotty face.

The vet is a lovely new irish lady who is in love with lexi she thinks she's adorable (so glad she happened to be on duty cause the other girl vet is a dog hater!) sexy vet was there but not involved I just got to stare at him for a bit.

Will phone first thing in the morning.
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:57 pm

What a nightmare to have a vet who's a dog hater! It must be like having a doctor who's a human hater (come to think of it, I believe we do have a human-hater doctor at our local practice - I avoid her like the plague).

A good night's sleep helps everyone Hayley - you as well as Lexi.

Wishing you both the very best for tomorrow - you are in our thoughts hug hug hug hug
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:41 pm

Wow. She shouldn't be a small animal vet if she dislikes the most popular pet... Glad she has the nice vet! That must be a relief to you. happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:08 pm

It is. If the other vet likes dogs she hides it. She would barely touch lexi and kept tellin me to hold her away (this is years ago when she was microchipping her) and after it she just got up and walked away. Most good vets would at least say well done or good dog!
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:54 pm

Maybe just lack of bedside manners!?
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:14 pm

I don't blame you for not wanting her near Lexi! A good attitude is important, the same as all of the education.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:21 am

Oh Lexi you little ****! not talking
I'm glad she's ok and you're ok. Some dogs have this wanderer gene and just want out. I have Spike that takes off whenever he gets the slightest chance.

Is she home yet?

hug
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:06 am

How is everything today? hug

I was thinking about what you said about the metal bars and how you're not sure what to do with it. Do you think it would help if you were to post a pic of the area she escapes from, and maybe we could try to help with the brainstorming to figure out what to do? Although I'd understand if you'd rather not post a picture of your garden online.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:06 am

Dad has already fixed it, breeze blocks are there now and were just going to have to move them if we need the gate opened. He was thinking looking at it that its possible shes actually hurt herself on that, cause the hole was chihuahua size and there was scuffle on the ground, so its possible.

Her hip is out again this morning, so she needs that put back in and if it isn't staying it will be surgery which i'm really concerned about because quite honestly i wouldn't be able to pay for it without selling my car. They offer monthly repayments but the repayments might even be too high! Just hanging on by a thread at the mo :'(
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:16 am

hug Poor you and Lexi. sad Hopefully it won't come to surgery!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:24 am

I've thoroughly learned my lesson on insurance tho. I've been too damn lucky my whole life with dogs, but this is no normal dog! Why did she have to do it at 10 when everything is a bit harder anyway grrrrr. When this is sprted im going to be looking at insurance for the rest of the yard sad
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:38 am

Dislocation is a bit of a problem. It's a big op to fix it as well. Amputation of the Femur head.
My cat Hector had this done. With cats it's a very successful op but with dogs it's more work and after care. Dogs do have more hope of the hip going back in than cats though.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:09 pm

Maybe you could explain your situation thoroughly to the vet?
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:18 pm

Hayley wrote:
(so glad she happened to be on duty cause the other girl vet is a dog hater

shocked What? A vet that hates dogs?

Thanks dad! Beautiful people.
Keep updating us so we know how she is doing. hug
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:34 pm

Good news - hip wasn't out after all. Bitch vet ho does the morning shift had got it wrong and shouldn't have told me it was out and needing surgery! Nice vet said shes eating and doing well just needs one more night cause of the sedation and she'd like to see her stand up on three legs. So I'm hopeful she will come home tomorrow happy
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:35 pm

That's good news! I really am relieved! hug That cow of a vet was so thoughtless! sad
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next