All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I planned a "no doggies or people" weekend.

4 posters

Go down

I planned a "no doggies or people" weekend. Empty I planned a "no doggies or people" weekend.

Post by tracyp Sat May 16, 2015 1:19 pm

Well that's gone to sh1t hasn't it! I just wanted one weekend of nothing but sleep, bludging, couch snuggles & some stupid movie I could care less about.

We sold a car last week, waiting for the buyer to arrive & pick it up , mum was also due shortly after to collect the chairs I borrowed....  

Con was out the front......next I hear is con yelling...."babe...i think someone has been hit by a car!" WHAT?!!! Where? I bolted! Young, teen (to 20+ish) girls standing crying, not helping the man!!!! F4ck! Con get towels now! I held his ear & head for pressure as he was bleeding badly. His arms & legs were also bleeding, he was slipping in & out of consciousness. It didnt look like a car hit him but he was not doing well! I got his name, age, address, he lived not 10 mins walk from me, I took his ph from him, he was trying to dial but was shaking so badly he couldnt press a button. I got his brothers name.... searched his ph & I made the call. Paul? My name is tracy, I am with Gary, Can you come now! Garys had an accident hes going to be ok but, he is asking for you, an ambulance has been called for him. Paul arrived in 5 mins as the ambulance arrived. Gary was a mess! He had not been hit by a car. He was a 40 + ex blade champ, he was racing himself & time. He hit the curb at about 50km & trashed himself!

Mum turned up after it all, then the people who bought the car... the ambulance left, mum left, the car left.... after hrs of coffee, chat, kids smacking my dogs heads...(gorgeous kids by the way).

For tomorrow I sleep till hopefully 10am!!
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

I planned a "no doggies or people" weekend. Empty Re: I planned a "no doggies or people" weekend.

Post by Lorraine Sat May 16, 2015 2:26 pm

Well done for helping him out! Have a lie-in tomorrow happy
Lorraine
Lorraine

Names of Dogs : Morgan, Tristan, Uther

Back to top Go down

I planned a "no doggies or people" weekend. Empty Re: I planned a "no doggies or people" weekend.

Post by tracyp Sat May 16, 2015 3:47 pm

Thank you but.....how could I not help him? His ear was white cartilage hanging out, his face was bleeding,  his arms & legs cut open... anyone would have done the same.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat May 16, 2015 4:40 pm

Well done hug

Unfortunately, not everybody would have done the same. There are far too many people who turn a blind eye to things like this.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Sat May 16, 2015 6:51 pm

tracyp wrote:Thank you but.....how could I not help him? His ear was white cartilage hanging out, his face was bleeding,  his arms & legs cut open... anyone would have done the same.

Like the silly girls stood around crying........?
Lorraine
Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat May 16, 2015 8:06 pm

Good on yer Tracy, you kept a cool head and did all the right things.

Try not to be too hard on the young girls - they probably got hysterical and didn't know what to do. I have a copy of Mrs Beeton's Book of Household Management which states that young women are prone to hysteria, especially if they are not married! thinking

Maybe basic First Aid should be taught in schools?

I hope the man makes a full recovery and learns some common sense (like don't try to race yourself and time on the open road without back-up, especially at his age - and steer clear of curbs).

Have a good day off tomorrow Tracy, you've earned it!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun May 17, 2015 6:46 am

Eleanor wrote:Well done hug

Unfortunately, not everybody would have done the same. There are far too many people who turn a blind eye to things like this.

That is really upsetting to me. It could have been one of my family. I know people turn a blind eye but.... I cant. & I would hope someone helped my friends or family if they had an accident. We all need to be more communal not seperate.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun May 17, 2015 6:54 am

Lorraine, Lynda....

They were young & freaked out. I think they wanted to help but they had no idea what to do. One had rung an ambulance, then they just stood there, afraid to touch him, ewhhh, blood, his ear is hanging off, ohhhh his arm is open, is that bone? Ewhhhh...I'm not upset with them, just disappointed in their parents.

Gary will be ok. The ambos thanked me for stopping his bleeding so quickly... though he had lost alot when I got there from the amount on the road.

His bro has my number, I hope to hear how he is doing tomorrow. I suspect he will not leave hospital till tomorrow.

Thanks for listening to me ladies.  Its been a busy (if not)unexpected few weeks. hug
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun May 17, 2015 7:16 am

LyndaW wrote: I have a copy of Mrs Beeton's Book of Household Management which states that young women are prone to hysteria, especially if they are not married! thinking

I have "pears cyclopaedia" 6 volumes from 1930....I can get out most any stains & know to greet my hubby with a smile & his dinner ready when he arrives home... looking gorgeous so he feels welcomed laughing ( yeah right! I do have dinner for him as I say hello in tracky pants.) happy  a very interesting read to compare then to now. Though I must say, some of it is far more acurate & useful than todays literature.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun May 17, 2015 7:38 am

LyndaW wrote:Good on yer Tracy, you kept a cool head and did all the right things.

You know my darling mum taught me well... she always said, even to this day....

Deal with whatever is on your plate right now, get upset or melt down after its dealt with. Blood can be washed, tears can be wiped later, right now... do what needs to be done.

I think shes right.. for now I am coming down from worrying about how he's doing, waiting for them to call to say hes ok.

I should have got their ph no.

Last edited by tracyp on Sun May 17, 2015 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun May 17, 2015 11:34 am

hug Good for you!

I understand that the sight must have been horrific, but they can't afford to let it get to them when someone needs help. Hopefully the girls will learn from this and perhaps look into emergency first aid procedures.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun May 17, 2015 1:44 pm

LyndaW wrote:
Maybe basic First Aid should be taught in schools?

I think that it should be mandatory.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun May 17, 2015 1:49 pm

Eleanor wrote:hug Good for you!

I understand that the sight must have been horrific, but they can't afford to let it get to them when someone needs help. Hopefully the girls will learn from this and perhaps look into emergency first aid procedures.

Absolutely. He was definitely in a bad way, you name the part & it was either broken or bleeding but it definitely shouldn't stop you helping someone. Imagine if it was your mum, dad, sister, brother, child in need & no one helped them. shocked
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed May 27, 2015 4:21 pm

Exactly. Have you heard anything about him since the accident?
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed May 27, 2015 5:00 pm

No, I havent. I hope he is ok? I'm sure he is but a quick call would have been nice.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed May 27, 2015 5:14 pm

From the sound of it, he was quite badly hurt. Maybe once he's recovered, he'll try to contact you? I hope so, at least.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed May 27, 2015 5:47 pm

He was in a bad way but I think he'll be ok. Just would be nice to know.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Wed May 27, 2015 5:59 pm

Hopefully he'll have the courtesy to tell you.
Lorraine
Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed May 27, 2015 7:17 pm

Hopefully he will!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:28 pm

Well, I've heard nothing. Very disappointing. How hard is a ph call to say, thanks, im ok. Unless he wasnt? But I saw nothing at worst a short surgery couldnt fix. Disappointing even his brother didnt call.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:19 pm

That's a poor show raised eyebrow
Lorraine
Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:33 pm

Yeah, I'm actually worried it was worse than I thought.  His ear was torn off, his bone jutting out but, his torso was intact. No vital organs nor major open wounds there. However he wasn't wearing a helmet so? Maybe he hit his head harder than just his ear, internal injuries I couldn't see?
I did think he or his brother would call as I called his brother to come quickly but.....   ?
I should have got a number when I gave mine, before the ambos left with him.

I hope he is ok.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:18 pm

We can only hope, Tracy.

Sometimes people are very very busy with what is going on; sometimes they are embarrassed at their own stupidity; and sometimes they just have no manners.

Be glad that you did your utmost at the time, and if your reward is not here on earth it will give you Brownie points in heaven!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down