All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belle booked in for x-rays ?stifle pathology

5 posters

Go down

Belle booked in for x-rays ?stifle pathology Empty Belle booked in for x-rays ?stifle pathology

Post by Rubyroo11 Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:27 pm

Baby Belle is 3 years old and we suspect she is a staffie x whippet, we got her from Staffordshire Bull Terrier Rescue when she was a pup, with that cross she is fast and looooovvvees to run but she has been coming up lame on her back left leg after offlead running, so I lead exercised her only for nearly 6 weeks suspecting a tear in a muslce or possible ligament injury but today I phoned up to get her an appt and got one today. She showed some pain at her stifle but there is no laxity in the joint but she is booked in for x-rays on MOnday as my vet does suspect some sort of stifle pathology going on.....looks like I may well be paying the Orhtopaedic Surgeons another visit!

Rubyroo11

Back to top Go down

Belle booked in for x-rays ?stifle pathology Empty Re: Belle booked in for x-rays ?stifle pathology

Post by Eleanor Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Poor thing! sad

Stifle pathology/cruciate ligament injuries usually have good prognoses though! Not a nice thing to have to deal with, though. I hope the x-ray helps with a diagnosis! Good luck! Hopefully, it'll turn out to be something easily treated.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Belle booked in for x-rays ?stifle pathology Empty Re: Belle booked in for x-rays ?stifle pathology

Post by Rubyroo11 Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Not sure if it is the cruciate ligament Eleanor but here is hoping whatever it is can be fixed

Rubyroo11

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:25 pm

Will keep my fingers crossed for you! So difficult to tell sometimes with this sort of thing, isn't it?
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:46 pm

fingers crossed it's nothing serious! x
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyroo11 Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:55 pm

Thanks ladies

Rubyroo11

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:11 pm

Good luck Belle, here's hoping your x-rays don't show any skeletal abnormalities and that the discomfort you are feeling can be easily and effectively treated.

Do let us know Roobyroo, all paws are crossed here for you both  hug 
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyroo11 Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:30 pm

Thanks Lynda, I will let you all know how we get on....roll on Monday

Rubyroo11

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:14 pm

We all understand Rubyroo; when something big and important like that is coming up we want the days to fly by so we can get it over with and know what we are facing and how to deal with it henceforth.  hug   hug   hug   hug   hug   hug   hug 
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:37 pm

Yeah, agree completely with Lynda! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:48 pm

That's a blow. Hopefully it'll be easily treated & won't be too invasive. But whatever has to be done you'll do, because you love her! love 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:47 pm

Has she had the x-rays yet?
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyroo11 Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:53 pm

Baby B is just home, she had her left leg/stifle and both hips x-rayed today. There are "changes" to the stifle joint which I assume are arthritic changes so there is definite stifle problems, both hips are perfect, she also does not show the anterior drawer movement which is diagnostic of cruciate probs but this does not mean that the cruciate is ok!.....so really my vet has no idea what could be wrong as this will require further and possibly inevitabel surgical procedures which will endoubtedly be an arthroscopic examination of the joint to find out what is going on...I will not pay for a CT scan as this is just an expensive long way round for a short cut as if they do CT scan shows up say joint mice they will have to go into the joint anyway!

So we have been referred back to the Ortho vets which my vets had got an appointment for me next week however I do not have any more holiday entitlement this year (work for the NHS and new holiday entitlement starts in April) so I have pushed it back to the beginning of April, I need a whole day off as it is a 3 hour drive for a round trip. Will keep you updated with Baby Belle and her stifle probs LOL

Rubyroo11

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:31 pm

Poor Belle! hug What ever happens, she's lucky to have a caring owner. I hope everything works out alright!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:28 pm

Awww, poor Belle! And poor you, it's awful not knowing exactly what's wrong.

Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down