All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hypothetical Question: You have to move.

+4
Wendy
Caryll
tracyp
Shisa
8 posters

Go down

Would you rehome your dogs if you had to move?

Hypothetical Question: You have to move. Vote_lcap0%Hypothetical Question: You have to move. Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Hypothetical Question: You have to move. Vote_lcap100%Hypothetical Question: You have to move. Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 7 ]
Hypothetical Question: You have to move. Vote_lcap0%Hypothetical Question: You have to move. Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Hypothetical Question: You have to move. Empty Hypothetical Question: You have to move.

Post by Shisa Sat May 03, 2014 4:34 am

For the sake of this poll: You have to go.
Would you rehome your dogs if you could only find pet free accommodation?

I often just page through Gumtrees pet ads and the amount of dogs that have to be rehomed because owners are moving astounds me!

I will rather squat in my car than rehome my dogs; but that's just my choice.

What would you do?
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Hypothetical Question: You have to move. Empty Re: Hypothetical Question: You have to move.

Post by tracyp Sat May 03, 2014 5:05 am

I was in that situation a few yrs back. Buy an apartment in the city & give up Jess shocked  (it was before Tyson) or buy further out & keep her.
Not really a question for me. I moved out & bought a place with a huge yard so she could run like a nut when I was away.

No contest for me. I will never give my dogs up!!! If I can't take them....I DONT GO!

When a dog comes to my house it will live with me FOR LIFE!
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Hypothetical Question: You have to move. Empty Re: Hypothetical Question: You have to move.

Post by Caryll Sat May 03, 2014 5:52 am

I know all circumstances are different, but I'd explore every avenue (including sleeping in the car or a tent) before I'd rehome my dog!
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy Sat May 03, 2014 9:49 am

I would never be able to live with myself if I gave away Buster and Gus. If something happened and I lost my home I would rent a caravan or something so that we could all stay together.
Wendy
Wendy

Names of Dogs : Buster and Gus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Sat May 03, 2014 11:59 am

I get upset even thinking about it lol. I would rather stay in a tent than give up my dogs but I do understand that sometimes things happen in life where a person feels they have no other option. I don't mean things like working longer hours etc that can be worked around.
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Sat May 03, 2014 12:33 pm

It's the amount that defies belief. Maybe we're all just weirdos to be so attached to our dogs.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat May 03, 2014 12:38 pm

I'd keep searching until I found some way to keep him, even if it means moving country!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat May 03, 2014 10:45 pm

My dog is a member of my family and loved as such - I could no more give up my dog than I could my child.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Mon May 05, 2014 7:29 pm

No me and the my OH have both agreed if Chance had to leave us it would be having him PTS.

Harvey I know i could 'rehome' with family for as long as is needed, however he isn't going anywhere! Neither of them are!

Last edited by ella on Mon May 05, 2014 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon May 05, 2014 7:35 pm

It's the same with Dempsey - he's like a little brother and I couldn't bear to just dump him.

I can understand why, Ella. I'm guessing there'd be a worry about whether or not somebody else could handle him and take care of him properly.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Mon May 05, 2014 7:48 pm

Yeah there would always be that worry, and what if Chance really hurt someone under his new owners, or them themselves, it's not something we could ever risk.

However i would squat in my car too to keep my boys, they will never be going anywhere
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon May 05, 2014 7:53 pm

Thankfully, the likelihood of something like that happening is very slim! happy

Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Mon May 05, 2014 8:00 pm

yeah lets hope so happy
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down