All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad news

+4
Shisa
tracyp
Dave
Caryll
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bad news Empty Bad news

Post by Mylo14 Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:40 pm

Had news from the doctor today to confirm Joseff has a severe allergy to mylo. At the moment Joseff looks like he's sunburnt from his reaction to him.

We have to re home mylo, we don't want him to get to anyone. We want him to go to a loving home, one that we can visit him or at least see photos of him to see if he's doing well.

We're so upset by this because he's amazing but we can't leave Joseff suffer anymore.

Was wondering if you guys could help in any way?

Shawnee xxxx

Mylo14

Names of Dogs : Mylo

Back to top Go down

Bad news Empty Re: Bad news

Post by Caryll Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:02 pm

OMG I'm so sorry!

I can mention him on trusted forums I know if you like.

Have you contacted either the Husky rescue people or the BC rescue people?
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylo14 Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:07 pm

I haven't no, I'd rather know who's having him and meet them first. If you get me?

We have an outdoor kennel for him, but he just wimpers because he's missing out sad

That would be great if could please.

They've given us tablets for Joseff for us to try. But he doesn't think it'll solve it entirely

Mylo14

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:48 pm

Oh damn, I'm so sorry to hear this.

Children often outgrow their sensitivities to various triggers, but it can take several years and you obviously have to consider your son first.

I do wish you all the best of luck .........................
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:18 pm

oh what rotten news but you have to think of the family first , hope you can work it out
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylo14 Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:50 pm

We're trying our hardest to train him to be quiet outside (as horrible as it sound lol)

He means so much to us.

If we can train him to stay outside quietly in the day then it'll be okay. Buts it's the doing that, that's the problem

Mylo14

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:01 pm

That must have been a heart-breaking decision, but, as others have said, you also have a duty to your little boy. sad It'd be great if the training was successful, but I understand completely that you can't simply just rely on that.

If you do choose to do a private rescue (outside of rescue centres), make sure you write down a huge long list of questions to ask potential new owners. The longer the list, the better - if they're not prepared to deal with all of the questions, they're unlikely to be good candidates. hug
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:39 pm

Can I just ask? Given that the flea problem has been sorted out, does Joseff have snuffles, sneezing and runny eyes, and/or shortness of breath?
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:36 am

Thats awful news. I am sorry to hear this. hug

How old are Joseff & mylo? & Is his allergy only when in actual contact with Mylo?
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylo14 Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:16 pm

Thank you Eleanor

Mylo14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylo14 Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:17 pm

Has only a kind of my message showed up lol? I wrote a big reply

Mylo14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylo14 Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:24 pm

I'll re write it lol

Lynda, yes he gets like that. At first they thought it was astma as Anthony has had it from a young age. But they then said it wasn't that after trying the pumps with him.
He always gets a god awful rash when he plays with pooch. It looks like we have left him in the sun for too long.

It's hard to keep the, apart as they both love playing with each other so much.

It only gets bad when mylo is in the kitchen and Joseff is by the gate if the door is open.
Otherwise he just sneezes every now and then.
We don't let mylo in the living room much because he gets too hyper. He has the rule if the kitchen which is probably bigger than the living room.

Josefff is 8 months on the 25th and mylo is a year and a half.

He's an amazing dog, annoying as hell on times. But he is a life saver. He helped me up and brought me my bottle of pop when I fell down the stairs and knocked myself out when I was pregnant. His instinct to help and save is unreal.

Mylo14

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:36 pm

What are the tablets the doctor's given you for Joseff? Are they anti histamines or beta blockers?
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylo14 Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:05 pm

Antihistamines happy

Mylo14

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:18 pm

Oh Shawnee - I hadn't heard the story about how Mylo helped you when you had an accident when you were pregnant, that is just awesome.

Well, if one parent is hyper-sensitive to allergens, the chances are increased that the child will be too.

Personally, I would like to explore whether Joseff's snuffles/red skin have come on recently ie after the flea episode; whether other dogs trigger this reaction; whether it is close proximity or only physical contact that triggers it; whether Joseff suffers a reaction where Mylo has previously been and has now been removed; whether Mylo is now being washed with anti-flea shampoo; - oh, it's a detective game. Patch tests can be done but I'm not sure whether they could be done or would be advisable on a baby.

It does sound like a histamine reaction and anti-histamines should help Joseff. Of course, you must be guided by your doctors first and foremost and Joseff's health and happiness must necessarily come first.

What a horrible situation for you, I do sympathise so much hug hug hug
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylo14 Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:39 pm

Oh he was amazing Lynda, he was in the kitchen, I went upstairs to go for a wee so I didn't lock he kitchen gate. I fell top to bottom, and at the bottom there is this post, I whacked my head on there. Next thing I knew mylo was underneath me, in between my boobs and bump trying his best to push me up. I eventually sat up, he went into the living room dragged my coke into the hall way, kept nudging me to drink it. Then after a while I got up and he walked between my legs. I sat down. Rang my mum and the first thing my mother said was have a drink. And he went back to he hall got my pop and brought it back to me. He was only 9 months old.

I have an allergy to mylo when he malts and antihistamines work great for me. But they don't seem to be 100% for Joseff.

He's always sneezed around pooch but it's become increasingly worse over the last 4/5 weeks ish.

Basically, we have in a row, our dinning room, arch way, living room. Door way+gate kitchen.
Mylo is in the kitchen 99% of the time but lays by the gate looking into the living room and Joseff plays by the gate with him - when this is he case Joseff sneezes gets all snotty and runny nosed and patchy.

But when the door is closed Joseff being on one side mylo being on the other he just sneezes every now and then.

We haven't changed anything we use in the house, he has the same shampoo, same grub, everything.

They took Joseffs blood and Mylos fur to see the reaction and it was fine, they told us to stay somewhere else for a night or two see what happens. Didn't have the rash or anything, then we had to bring mylo to us so he was in that environment. He got all sneezy and what not again.

But it's only been awful for 5/6 weeks ish

Mylo14

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:11 pm

Thank God (and Mylo) that you and Joseff-to-be survived this frightening accident. What an amazing story.

LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylo14 Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:29 pm

I think my page is playing up, it's only showing you saying "than"

Lol

Mylo14

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:34 pm

Ref the allergy situation - I wish I could be more help, but I have very little personal experience of allergies.

I can only hope that your doctors continue to support you, that the anti-histamines kick in, Joseff's resilience improves, and that you can contain the situation satisfactorily.

Sending you good vibes ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:35 pm

LyndaW wrote:Thank God (and Mylo) that you and Joseff-to-be survived this frightening accident.  What an amazing story.

Repeating!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylo14 Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:54 pm

Haha thank you.
He's an amazing dog he really is, he doesn't bark when he knows Joseff is asleep. He's so knowing.

Joseff is staying over mums until Saturday for us to give the house a spring clean to make sure mylos fur isn't around anywhere.

Mylo successfully stayed out in his little house today for 2 hours before he started to wimper! Better than his usual 3 minutes lol.

If we can get him to be outside more often than not it'll be great.

His little outdoor house is thick wood, heavily insulated between the wood. Plastic anti draft flap, it's massive! A local timber merchant person built it for us happy

Really do hope he gets used to it and likes it

Mylo14

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:44 pm

LyndaW wrote:

It does sound like a histamine reaction and anti-histamines should help Joseff.  Of course, you must be guided by your doctors first and foremost and Joseff's health and happiness must necessarily come first.

What a horrible situation for you, I do sympathise so much  hug   hug   hug  

You took the words right out of my mouth Lynda.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:10 am

I'm sure you will find a lovely home for Mylo.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:22 am

I really am sorry that you've been put into this situation, as I know it must be really distressing for you all. sad
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylo14 Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:50 pm

Mylo update

He stayed in his outdoor kennel 10am until 4pm. Not a wimper. I've bought 6 footballs. To play with.

He has already buried 2. And hide the rest in his kennel.

I think he's finally realising it's an out door bed happy

Mylo14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next