All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What type of dog do you prefer - large/small, long/short coat, male/female, etc.

+4
LyndaW
Caryll
ella
Eleanor
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What type of dog do you prefer - large/small, long/short coat, male/female, etc. Empty What type of dog do you prefer - large/small, long/short coat, male/female, etc.

Post by Eleanor Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:55 pm

I prefer medium sized dogs. I love dogs with thick, dense double coats, but unfortunately I'm asthmatic so it isn't really an option - I like a dog that I can spend a decent amount of time grooming though. Prefer bitches, but that's probably because I'm used to male dogs, so I don't interact with bitches as much.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

What type of dog do you prefer - large/small, long/short coat, male/female, etc. Empty Re: What type of dog do you prefer - large/small, long/short coat, male/female, etc.

Post by ella Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:49 pm

My personal preference is a large to giant sized short coated male dog preferably bully breed or similarly structured dog
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

What type of dog do you prefer - large/small, long/short coat, male/female, etc. Empty Re: What type of dog do you prefer - large/small, long/short coat, male/female, etc.

Post by Eleanor Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:58 pm

I'd love to get a Pyrenean Mountain Dog, but the coat wouldn't be right for me. sad Love the giant breeds so much, but the thing that turns my off of them is the shorter lifespan.

I love bully breeds too, but I think Dempsey will always reserve the bully-space in my heart.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:08 pm

Love newfies i do happy but bullies are where my heart lies and where i intend to stay!
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:27 pm

Apparently the type of dog people gravitate towards reflects the individual's personality. In that case, I'm a big, furry giant with a floppy tongue. tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:58 pm

haha I'm a soppy, stubborn sod with a hard head then laughing
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:24 pm

laughing Don't forget the very waggy tail!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:28 pm

laughing
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:58 pm

I prefer a short to medium coated dog, and a medium to slightly large one. A Stafford would be the smallest dog I'd go for, and a GSD would probably be the largest. Anything in between would be an acceptable size for me. I couldn't have a giant breed because I get far too attached to dogs, and the giants have no life span at all.

I've had dogs & bitches, and on balance I prefer dogs. No particular reason, I suppose, other than general character.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:06 am

Dempsey is my favourite, but I couldn't ever get another bully! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:40 pm

I am drawn to and admire several types of dogs, but know that for me a dog has to be medium to large size, and definitely with a short single coat. That's one reason why I've only had Dobermanns and now a Staffy.

I love the look of the Borzoi, but without that long coat it wouldn't be a Borzoi, and with it I don't think I could cope with all that hair. I am even attracted to Poms and Papillons! Some things we have to learn to do without!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:46 pm

I like Borzois as well, though they're probably not a good match for my personality. Gorgeous dogs!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:03 pm

They look fabulous. But tbh I don't know what they're character is - they look aloof and laid-back which would suit me. But I love my Staffy's kisses and snuggles, for all his boisterousness and naughtiness.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:07 pm

I should imagine they have quite a high prey drive, as they're sight hounds. I wouldn't ever feel comfortable letting one off leash in a park, with the combined risk that it would be stolen.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:14 pm

I shall admire them from afar then - we can't always have what we think we want!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:26 pm

If I had a huge amount of private land, I'd love to get one of the more active breeds. I would love to get a Standard Poodle, but it wouldn't be fair in present circumstances. I've seen the result of a Standard Poodle without adequate care in my area; gorgeous dog, but entirely too boisterous and frustrated. His owner loved him to bits but, bless her, didn't have any clue about his grooming needs either. His fur had curled around into corded mats and he could barely see.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:39 pm

I will have my great dane and Neapolitan mastiff one day!
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:47 pm

I love working Neapolitans but probably wouldn't get one. I do love making a fuss of them at the Discover Dogs stalls at Crufts happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:54 pm

I adore them and am determined to have one, one day happy
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:55 pm

Pics when you do get one! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:56 pm

but of course happy
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:58 pm

happy  hound 
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:15 pm

I want to have every breed of dog that uneducated people cross over the street to get away from
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:16 pm

You'd give them a heart attack!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:17 pm

laughing Dave
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next