All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What type of dog do you prefer - large/small, long/short coat, male/female, etc.

+4
LyndaW
Caryll
ella
Eleanor
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What type of dog do you prefer - large/small, long/short coat, male/female, etc. - Page 2 Empty What type of dog do you prefer - large/small, long/short coat, male/female, etc.

Post by Eleanor Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

I prefer medium sized dogs. I love dogs with thick, dense double coats, but unfortunately I'm asthmatic so it isn't really an option - I like a dog that I can spend a decent amount of time grooming though. Prefer bitches, but that's probably because I'm used to male dogs, so I don't interact with bitches as much.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

What type of dog do you prefer - large/small, long/short coat, male/female, etc. - Page 2 Empty Re: What type of dog do you prefer - large/small, long/short coat, male/female, etc.

Post by Dave Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Eleanor wrote:You'd give them a heart attack!

And then they would be less likely to bother me and my dogs  tongue 
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

What type of dog do you prefer - large/small, long/short coat, male/female, etc. - Page 2 Empty Re: What type of dog do you prefer - large/small, long/short coat, male/female, etc.

Post by Rubyroo11 Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:08 pm

I have the perfect dogs for me...medium size and short coated  happy happy happy 
I did used to want an EBT but realise now I can admire them from afar as they are not the right personality for me as they are too lazy and stubborn so I will stick to my staffs/staff xs but I do have a soft spot for whippets and greyhounds but not sure if I would actually own one

Rubyroo11

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:35 pm

Sadly, yes they are very stubborn and lazy. tongue

I can admire a lot of dogs, such as a lot of the hounds, but it just wouldn't be a suitable match. I quite like some of the dogs in the Utility group and could see myself having some of those.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:05 am

How did I miss this thread?

Im a big dog lover. Dobes, GSD, Mastiff, Great dane, & bring me a Rottie to kiss!

Tyson was a mini accident!   rolling on floor Smallest munchkin I've ever had.

But I do love staffies! love

We have always done preen time after dinner every night for 20 yrs, so I dont care if long or short, single or double. Now show me your ear holes..... toes pls.... good puppies...ok... carrot now!
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:09 am

Sometimes people get hung up on coat length/type/colour when they should be looking for character, exercise needs etc first!

I wouldn't want a fancy long coated dog, purely because I don't want the fuss of the styling all the time, but a coat like a border collie or such like wouldn't worry me!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:20 am

I love dogs.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:30 am

laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:00 pm

tongue My preferences have long since been blown out the window.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:11 pm

Well, you've definitely got some variety! tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:38 pm

I swore NEVER again a white dog ... along came Spike and Pugsley who is light.
I said no more girls ... along came Lequita.
I said no long hair ... there's Axel.

Now I say whatever - I'll just love it as hard as I can.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:31 pm

laughing Sounds like a good way to do it!

No matter what size or shape they come in, they'll always keep you smiling love
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:25 pm

Shisa wrote:I swore NEVER again a white dog ... along came Spike and Pugsley who is light.
I said no more girls ... along came Lequita.
I said no long hair ... there's Axel.

Now I say whatever - I'll just love it as hard as I can.

laughing laughing 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:40 pm

What Caryll said!  laughing 

I neglected to mention my "toby". Far smaller than tyson. He was a chihuahua.  tongue 

I love all dogs.

They are just fury people. All shapes sizes & colours. Its what's in the heart that counts not your size or colour.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:14 pm

Definitely happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:54 pm

Anything that nobody else can love , that will do me and the kids
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:02 pm

Dave wrote:Anything that nobody else can love , that will do me and the kids

love love 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:48 pm

and i'll have all the white dogs out there wink
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2