All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hypothetical Question

+4
Shisa
Caryll
LyndaW
Wendy
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hypothetical Question - Page 2 Empty Hypothetical Question

Post by Wendy Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have a children's day nursery and I had a conversation with a parent last week as he came to pick up his child. He said he was going to bed as soon as he got home as he was tired because he had been up at 4.30 am 'putting a door in'. I said 'that's a bit early to do DIY' and then we both laughed at my mistake as he is actually a policeman and 'putting a door in' actually meant breaking into the home of a criminal to make an arrest. It got me thinking though as I have heard of odd occasions when the police have entered the wrong house.

If the police entered my house by mistake Buster would have them. What would happen to a dog who was protecting his family against intruders when the intruders were police at the wrong house?
Wendy
Wendy

Names of Dogs : Buster and Gus

Back to top Go down

Hypothetical Question - Page 2 Empty Re: Hypothetical Question

Post by Caryll Sat May 03, 2014 10:03 am

I think it depends on what the child was doing.

Legitimate visitors to a house with a dog have the right to be kept safe under the new laws. Before, if it was on private property, the police were powerless to do anything, but under the new law you can be prosecuted for having a dog dangerously out of control on private property as well as public.

I wonder, though, if the law is actually in force yet?
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2